One of Us
Picture of SwiftShot
posted
I have the following already
30-06
375 H&H
22 hornet
The question
I have a chance to buy a Encore I have been looking for one in 25-06 but this one comes with 223 and 7mm 08. Pretty cheap I am thinking the 7mm 08 is a better deal and with the 223 for varmit I will have a better range of calibers than if I purchased the 25-06. Price being the same what do you think. I have a day before this goes to someone else.

Posts: 433 | Location: Washington state USA  | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
R U saying it comes with 3 barrels for the price of one with one barrel. If so buy it. Sell the extra barrels and smile.

Posts: 19428 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steel Slinger
posted Hide Post
My best friend has the Encore in 7-08. Very easy shooting. I like it, but trigger pull leaves something to be desired, and the best groups we can get out of it with the high dollar factory ammo is about 4 inches. Using the cheap factory ammo, those open up to around 6 inches. I'm planning on working up some loads for him soon though. I don't like how the scope mounts directly to the barrel. Seems to me like that, and the way the barrel is attached, would really F up the harmonics.

IMHO, if you only want it for shooting deer at 150 yds or less, then go ahead and get it. But if you really expect it to be a varmint gun, you're wasting your money, and will be dissapointed.

Course, if p dog shooter's interpretation of what you said is right, then do what he said. You'll actually make money from selling the extra barrels.

FiSTers... Running is useless.

Posts: 315 | Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote