The Accurate Reloading Forums
Confused About All The 9.3's

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3221043/m/52310669

26 April 2002, 17:36
<Mr Mike>
Confused About All The 9.3's
I was visiting the Pac-Nor website, looking at the possibility of getting one of these fabulous 9.3x62's that everyone is so hyped on, and I noticed they listed a 9.3x64 and a 9.3x68 as well as 9.3x57 CIP, 9.3x62 CIP and 9.3x64 Brenneke CIP, but no 9.3x62 Mauser.

Does anyone know what all these others are?

Thanks,
-Mr Mike

------------------
If There's Lead In The Air, There's Hope!!!

26 April 2002, 17:58
ALF
/
26 April 2002, 18:13
Rusty Gunn
I would recommend one of the Cartridges Of The World books.
Its my understanding CIP is the European version of the American SAAMI. ~~~Suluuq
27 April 2002, 09:46
aHunter
There�s a 9.3x62 and a rare 9.3x64. For combo guns theres the 9.3x74R, which is almost the ballistic twin of the 9.3x62.

I won�t go into details about other oddities and Wildcats. The x62 is enough for anything in America ( whole continent ) as long as you keep your shots to ~ 200 - 225 m and use a good bullet of > 250 grs.

The x64 is the ballistic equivalent of the .375 HH.

Hermann

------------------

27 April 2002, 20:50
Fritz Kraut
9.3x57 - 9,3mm Mauser
9.3x62 - "The Hype", as you call it.
9,3x64 - equal to .375H&H, Brenneke is famous german cartridge developer.
9,3x68 - some strong German Wildcat.

"CIP" is the European equivalent to SAAMI.

You�ll find some ballisstics at www.norma.cc and www.hirtenberger.at, perhaps also at www.vihtavuori.fi and www.brenneke.de

Best regards,

Fritz

------------------
...the mark of the hunter is the ability to get close.

[This message has been edited by Fritz Kraut (edited 04-27-2002).]

01 May 2002, 13:59
GarBy
Hey Mr. Mike!!! It's GaryB from Handgunhunt. How have you been? Has the safari prep going? I saw your post here and had to respond. Along with my great array of SSK barrels, I have been working on some loads for my CZ550 in 9.3x62. In my opinion this gun/caliber is a perfect all-arounder. I've been loading the Noslers...the 250 gr BT and the 286 gr Partition. Both rounds will shoot under an inch at 100 yds. The recoil is no where near the 375 H&H and the ballistics say that it's VERY hard on the H&H's heels. I am totally satisfied. Hope all is well with you and the family. If we don't touch base beforehand, have a great trip and shoot the big ones! God Bless. Gary.
01 May 2002, 16:54
<Mr Mike>
Hi GarBy,

I'm doin' great, how've you been?

Doin' well on the safari prep, times a runnin' out though, only a little less than three weeks till lift off!! Having trouble sleeping at night, worrying that I will forget some little thing that might spoil the trip... all the normal things.

So you like your 9.3... so far all I've heard is good things, nothing bad yet. I probably need one like I need another hole in the head, but something is drawing me nearer and nearer!!

I already have a .338/06 and a .375 H&H Ackley, so to add the 9.3 to the corral would probably be overkill, but what the heck, since when are men sensable about buying guns!!

Thanks for the positive safari thoughts,
-Mr Mike

------------------

02 May 2002, 10:18
GarBy
I've been great, thanks. Been REAL busy at work...which is a good thing after last fall. Got around to loading up some 338 JDJ rounds with your loading....absolutely awsome. That barrel is as accurate, or moreso, than any of my others. I put 3 shots into one ragged hole at 100 yds with the 200 gr Hornady. Which PH are you using on your safari. I have been talking to Bobby Hansen about next year ( a local taxidermist puts a small group together every year with him ) and I know that Gary from Handgunhunt is going with him this year. I'd love to hear the details and results of your trip when you return. Thanks, again. Gary.
02 May 2002, 12:56
<Mr Mike>
Gary,

I'm going with a PH who is a regular on this site as well as HuntAmerica and 24HrCampfire. His name is Jim Hackiewicz and his website is:

http://www.customosteo.com/huntingadventures/

I'm glad the .338JDJ load info worked out for you... most of JD's barrels, at least for me, are WAY more accurate than I can ever be. Makes you feel good when they shoot good like that, doesn't it?

I will most likely post the results of our safari here upon my return, I plan on taking LOTS of photos and keeping a detailed journal as well.

-Mr Mike

------------------