New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem Model 673 in 350 Mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just wanted to vent a little. I just read a post about a "deal" on a 673 in 6.5 Mag in the small bores section. Half the comments state "ugly","get rid of shark fin", etc. I'm a conservative guy but I like the looks and feel of the gun. The fact that it shoots like a house on fire does not hurt either. My two twenty-something boys think it's a great gun and would love for me to leave it to them. The funny thing is, I never mentioned to them that I liked it one way or another, I just bought it because I wanted a 350 Mag. Shows to go ya that some of us genuinely don't like something and others are expressing someone else's prejudice.

Posts: 98 | Location: Eagle, Idaho | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
I agree. It is not "traditional" and, while I love the classics and most of my riles are traditional, classic, blued and wood, I bought a 673 for a black bear gun. I love it for its intended use. It's short and easy to maneuver in a blind or in the brush, it comes up to the shoulder ready to fire, and has always killed with one shot.

The only complaint I have had is that the shark fin front sight is visible as a fuzzy stick through the 2x7 scope. If I wasn't lazy I would remove it but while a minor irritant it has not been a problem.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a walnut, and blued steel guy, but I also enjoy my 673. I like the .350 Rem. Mag., I've taken a White-tailed buck, and doe with the above. The only problem that I have found with the 673 is that when I put three cartridges in the magazine, and hold them down to put one in the chamber the gun will not feed the top cartridge properly. When I load three in the Magazine, and chamber the top cartridge the remaining cartridges feed with no problem.

Posts: 310 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 01 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Several years go I had a Remington Mod 7 in 350 Rem mag.

I liked the rifle and liked the cartridge.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
Me, I love the 673 in 350 rem.... I have one and can't complain other than it can be a little loud....

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
/snicker... I think that was my thread Smiler

I too have a 673 in .350mag and it's a wonderful thumper of a rifle. My best load to date is a 250gr bullet over some RL15 - pushing out at a hair over 2500fps.

It's a funny thing - I rather like the shark fin rib and with a tall enough scope (FX III 6x42) I don't see the front sight at all in the scope. The Shark Rib gives a very different appearance - it's a rifle I don't mind abusing as it were.

And the .350 is a helluva cartridge.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2314 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote