THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    9.3x62 bore brush/case trimming questions

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3x62 bore brush/case trimming questions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a CZ550 American in 9.3x62 on order, so I have been looking for a bronze bristle brush to clean it with. For those of you that have some type of 9.3, which brush do you use? I have seen one brush that is advertized for .338/.375 bores. Is this the one that yall use? Or is there a manufacturer that makes a specific brush for a .366 bore? Also, I have a Lyman case trimmer with a .358 (#35) pilot. Can this be used to trim my 9.3x62 cases? I see that Lyman also makes a #36 pilot for the 9mm Makarov; would this be closer in diameter to the 9.3 case mouth than the #35 pilot? If not, will the RCBS 36 caliber pilot be more appropriate and fit in my Lyman trimmer?

Posts: 453 | Location: Califon, NJ USA | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
I use .35 brushes and trimmer pilots and they work fine.

------------------
Andr�

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
to be homest, i use a 375 cal brush for my 9.3x62. As for trimming, i honestly don't have the problem...actually i've got the bullet barely sitting in the case and it fits and feed just fine.

------------------
"Laws are like sausages, it's better not to see either being made"--Otto Von Bismark

When in doubt, do a nuclear strike.

[This message has been edited by Curtis_Lemay (edited 04-06-2002).]

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the pro shot 375 bronze brush and jag. I got Lee to make me up a custom case length cutter pilot guide that works great. The custom dies they made for me are based on cases fired from my chamber and work the brass much less. I'm a great Lee fan!

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
<bigbelly>
posted
I`ve been using the makarov pilot and it works great on sized cases,I have only had to trim one time,the cases don`t seem prone to strech.good shooting,I think you`ll love this caliber.mine shoots everything from 90gr mak bullets to the 286gr. very well.From small game loads to the heaviest,haven`t tried the 300gr and above(yet).

one of us
posted Hide Post
I also use .35 brushes/jags with large patches
I bought an rcbs trim die but it has seen little use

quote:
Originally posted by bigbelly:
mine shoots everything from 90gr mak bullets to the 286gr.(yet).

tell us about thoose 90gr mak bullets
what load + Accuracy

Posts: 68 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: 27 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I would use the .375 bore brushes. If the manuf. of the case trimmer you have does not stock .366 pilots, they will usually make them for a nominal charge (Forster +$10.00) or you or your gunsmith could turn down a .375 pilot w/o much trouble. Good shooting.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use Nylon bore brushes because I use amonia based cleaners mosly so 35 or 375 work for me..I use a Forester and the the 06 pilot works for my 9.3x62 as does my 06 case holder, but I had to try a couple of them first.

Posts: 41837 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote