New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem 600 in .350 Mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Yesterday I saw at my gunsmith a ugly Rem 600 in .350RemMag with a very ugly laminated stock! Mounted a Leupold 2,5 to 8x36 with an ugly cheap alloy mount! An ugly duck between beautiful custom Mausers and Sauers. But this little gun was my dream-gun when I was a 12 year old boy and my father guided an american airforce officer from the Rod and Gunclub for a red stag. This man used a Rem 600 in .350!
Over 30 years later I bought a Rem 673 in .350 - but I was disappointed from this rifle! Groups with handloads were in the 2 inch area - not satisficated!
And now I saw this uggly little gun ( the 673 is a beauty!!) and this afternoon I tried it on the range. Groups with th 220grs Speer Flatnose were 1,5" and okay, but than I tried the 200grs Barnes TSX and the groups were not excellent, they were incredible! Perhaps 0.5"!!!

I´m quite sure that tomorrow I have a new gun, a very ugly one!

Posts: 561 | Location: northern Germany | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ugly is as ugly does.

tu2

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Since looks dont kill, I'll take a shooter over a beauty anytime.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I´m quite sure that tomorrow I have a new gun, a very ugly one!

tu2

Go for it.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that sounds like a beautiful group.

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Clem said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I'd say go for it.!

Not a 600, but a reasonable facsimilie thereof

Remington 673 Guide Gun, 350 Rem. Mag

and a decent load/group, 2 inches high at 100 yds.

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cobra
posted Hide Post
quote:

Remington 673 Guide Gun, 350 Rem. Mag

One of Remington's better efforts in recent years IMO.

Posts: 8827 | Location: CANADA | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am happy with my .350 Rem Mag in a Model seven. I finally was able to shoot it about a week ago. I had loaded up 50 rounds of 200gr Hornady bullets as it was all I could find locally. I was playing with two different powders BLC(2) and IMR4895. I also was trying to sight in a scope at the same time. A lot going on to try and shoot for accuracy. After getting it sighted in I was able to shoot one really impressive group and a few decent groups. I am hoping to get out again and work on some more load development.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 673 does best with 250 gr. Noslers and WW 748. 3 shots average right around 1" with smaller from time to time (nothing over 1 1/4").

Posts: 178 | Location: New York | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Those Rem 600s were highly under rated rifles. I had a 308 with a similar configuration and a 243 Mohawke. The 308 handled wonderfully as a bush gun but the trigger was not good for quick shooting as it had too much creep.

Your 350 mag should be perfect but I would use 225 gr Sierras and avoid the 200 gr Hornady RN.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote