Find
Notify
Tools

325 WSM
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of brasskeeper
posted
I know by now somebody has brought this up but I must have missed it. What does the 325 wsm equal or approuch? 8mm rem mag, 8 mm mauser?

Does anyone here have one yet?

Posts: 135 | Location: Central Kentucky | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It approaches the 8mm Mag and appears to be capable of delivering 3800 fpe with heavy bullets.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Afton, VA | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Huh??

" You can get more with a few kind words and a gun, than you can get with a few kind words."

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is Winchesters page on the ammo. You may be able to compare loads

http://www.winchester.com/products/catalog/cfrlist.aspx?cart=MzI1IFdTTQ==

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brasskeeper:
I know by now somebody has brought this up but I must have missed it. What does the 325 wsm equal or approuch? 8mm rem mag, 8 mm mauser?

Does anyone here have one yet?

And here is a link of a guy who has been testing the .325WSM (ask him what he thinks about the Winchester data and his, and he will tell you the truth):
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB19&Number=461000&Searchpage=1&Main=461000&Words=325WSM+bobski&topic=&Search=true#Post461000

Posts: 1103 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brasskeeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sabot:
It approaches the 8mm Mag and appears to be capable of delivering 3800 fpe with heavy bullets.

That has to be 2800 fps

Posts: 135 | Location: Central Kentucky | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Brasskeeper, that's fpe not fps.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12543 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBabcock
posted Hide Post
Brasskeeper,

If I was in the market for a new gun, ( I'm not today, that could change tomorrow Eeker ), I would look hard at the 325WSM. I like the niche they fill power wise. I hunt a particular area for deer that borders a real steep drop off. I don't like the deer going over that edge shame so I use a bit more gun than usual for deer. The 325WSM would be nice for that area.

Some here don't like them, and don't see a need for the new short mags. I understand where their coming from, but if I didn't have a 338WM, I might look at that round. I've shot a 300WSM and it was a nice gun.

Those Kimber rifles are real nice to, that's the rifle I'd get if I was wanting a 325 WSM.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is more from the guy who knows on the lighter bullets in the 325 WSM. It did quite well with them.

http://www.huntamerica.com/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=649699&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

Join the NRA

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Brasskeeper, that's fpe not fps.

fpe?? (Sorry if this is obvious)
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
foot pounds of energy

Posts: 300 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBabcock
posted Hide Post
Savage99,

Something doesn't seem right with those BC numbers on the 8mm 200 grain Accubond. Hornady's 195 grain is .410, Swifts 200 grain A-Frame is .357

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
With a decent shape factor I am certain that the 200 grainers will break a BC of .450 and the 220s will make .500 but the 175 and 185 grainers will be in the .390 to .425 range.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Afton, VA | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
I am quite familiar with Nosler's 8MM 180gr BT and 200gr PAR. If Nosler has revised the BC #s for the 8mm 180gr BT then how do they explain the 200gr Par having a BC of .424 while the much more streamlined 200gr Accubond has only a .379 BC.

And while they are revising the BC of the 8mm 180gr BT to .357, the 338 180gr BT should have it's BC of .372 revised also. shame

How can a bullet of similar contruction in the same weight in a larger caliber have a higher BC? bewildered

GOOGLE HOTLINK FIX FOR BLOCKED PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES https://chrome.google.com/webs...inkfix=1516144253810

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Something funky is going on with the BC's on Nosler's 8mm bullets. They shouldn't be as low as they are stating if they are the same BT/AB shape we've come accustomed to in other calibers.

It's possible they're not, though. Maybe (perhaps in an effort to keep them shorter to better fit the 325 WSM) they put less aggressive ogives on them which makes their BC's lower than we would expect.

Posts: 920 | Location: Mukilteo, WA | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With Quote