Find
Notify
Tools

MKV deluxe Alaskan
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PoppaW
posted
I was wondering if anyone has seen a deluxe Alaskan. The guy says its original in this configuration.It is the Japanese action and is a 300. Of course.
Thanks for the help

WOODY
Everyone is allowed an opinion, even if its wrong.

Posts: 419 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
In the time leading up to manufacturing moving from Japan to the US and for a bit of time afterwards, there were some unique rifles produced. It is possible that some Deluxe Alaskans were made. Does this guy have any paperwork on it. Also, for 50 bucks you can find out directly from Weatherby if you have the serial number.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PoppaW
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I was hoping not to spend the 50 but if he insists its original and has nice wood I may pick it up. Then maybe spend the 50. I am hoping to get piks soon.

WOODY
Everyone is allowed an opinion, even if its wrong.

Posts: 419 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
Look forward to the pics. Some like it and some don't but I like the look of stainless (nickle plated CM in this case) and wood.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Yes, would love some pics. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a Weatherby Mark V Weathermark Alaskan in .375 H&H. Was a Japanese action with a nice, straight plastic stock and a nickel finish. Shot like a house of fire! Best group was one at 0.28".

Made a gift of it to a good friend ... Okie Newton on this Forum. He likes it (or is at least kind enough not to tell me otherwise Wink )

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote