THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Browning Superposed Express .270 at Cabela's

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Superposed Express .270 at Cabela's
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of gas57
posted
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/gun.../330353_exp270.jhtml

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Not that it matters, well not that much... the pad is not original and the rifle would be regulated with 130 grain bullets. While in demand now, the Express Rifle was a dog in it's day! I have a Continental version in .30-06 which is the same basic rifle witha set of 20 Ga/ 3 inch chambers as well. Yes, two seperate forearms. I had mine fitted with claw mounts as the folding leaf was a joke for a rear sight. Yes the regulation changed, 150's to 200's, and that was basically hell to pay for a time. Thank God I am a reloader. Also thanks to the knowledge found here at AR I was able to shoot the best ever groups with both barrels after the change.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
Ok, question from someone with no knowledge whatsoever of double rifles...

what does it mean that a double is "regulated"?

Thanks!

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by friarmeier:
Ok, question from someone with no knowledge whatsoever of double rifles...

what does it mean that a double is "regulated"?

Thanks!

friar

A double is regulated when, with a prescribed load, the barrels shoot to approximately the same point of impact at a specified distance.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote