New
Find
Notify
Tools

REM #725 in 30.06
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a friend that has recently purchased one of these. His question relates to the uniqueness of this firearm. He would also enjoy any other information re: same. The safety on this rifle is on the rear right side of the bolt and flips forward and back, parallel to the reciever/barrel. Rear sights are adjustable for both windage and elevation. Any information would be appreciated!
best,
bhtr

Posts: 223 | Location: Soldotna, Alaska | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 725 was just an upgraded version of the 721, which was the parent of today's 700. The 725 is much sought-after in today's market, especially in the rarer calibers.

Posts: 13234 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Bearhunter,

If your friend wants to collect rare Remingtons, have him go after Model 720s.

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HunterJim:

If your friend wants to collect rare Remingtons, have him go after Model 720s.

HunterJim,
My friend GP apparently p/u this piece from his dad-in-law for $200.00...I think the price is right! I don't think he is going to make a habit of purchasing too many rifles; this was probably a one time shot. Who would want to pick up any Remingtons anyway? [Big Grin]

Stonecreek,
Thanks for the reply...

best,
bhtr

Posts: 223 | Location: Soldotna, Alaska | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With Quote