Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Encore .375 H&H Single Shot
 Login/Join

posted
I am considering a 26" .375 H&H brl. for my Encore frame. The heavy brl. version is .997 from breach to muzzle. I am going with their Flex-Stock with Limbsaver pad included. I may also add Magna Port as the rifle is somewhat light. Its not a Model 70 but does the idea have merit?

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I had a 375 H&H Magnum barrel for my Encore; in fact I took several animals in South Africa with it; all one shot kills. I sold the barrel because I got another 375 H&H Magnum & didn't need it and not because it wasn't good.

Mine didn't have a muzzle brake and I got dinged over the eye with the scope several times. Shooting it off hand wasn't bad but for shooting it off the bench, I relied on a Lead Sled.

If I were to get another Encore barrel in this chambering, it would be stainless steel (yes, they're available) and it would have the T/C factory muzzle tamer.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
I had one also, and it was a blast shooting it. I sold it when I bought my 416 Rigby barrel for my Encore. I took a water buffalo with the 416 Rigby barrel. Yes they have there usefullness.

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The barrel may certainly have merit....

For me, when I hunt with my 375 H&H I am hunting someplace I wouldn't want a single shot...

Cheers,

Dan

Posts: 430 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
I have had one for several years - I had a muzzle brake put on it when I bought it - wish to GOD I hadn't done it - Going to have it cut off - I can handle the recoil but not the NOISE.

very accurate barrel - Fun for deer and hogs.

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote