New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who has one in stock???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for one of the new Ruger Africans in the 275 Rigby, Thinking I really WANT one, but having trouble finding one..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41893 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is one on gunbroker with a starting bid of $1500. That's about 50% higher than when they came out last year.

Hope you find one. They are very nice rifles.

Posts: 617 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought all the Hornady bras in Idaho, so you don't need one.

Posts: 4985 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted 08 November 2018 04:24 Hide Post
I bought all the Hornady bras in Idaho, so you don't need one.

Lamar--what size bra you wear?

Posts: 3808 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hornady bras don't fit me well. The C-cups made by Nosler seem much more comfortable.

Ray, I thought you were selling all of your rifles; now you're trying to buy another one -- and a pedestrian Ruger, at that!

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek--C cups used to be impressive. Keurig--the coffee makers are using K cups. Never gave much thought to a K cup coffee maker---now a girlfriend so equipped would be a different matter.

Posts: 3808 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I worked back down to an A+ size.
it's more about the cup and support than the lift and separate now days.

dammit Ray....LOL.

BTW how's the packers paint job holding up in the Texas sun?

Posts: 4985 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lamar--That high dollar Sherwin Williams paint seemed to be the answer, all these years later still good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lamar--Normally when one discusses their bra, there are hopes of a picture. In your case, please don't.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
resisting...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nope, you didn't buy all the brass in Idaho, I have several thousands rounds left over from a number of 7x57s, WW, PPU, and RWS... wave

BTW PPU brass can be had from Grafs and Midway, cheaper and as good or better, than any other brass..It about all I buy these days.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41893 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
got the 275 Rigby stuff.

I neck it up to 30 cal, trim square, and cut the neck thickness down to .00125 for a 30X57 caliber wildcat I have with the 0-6 shoulder on it.

it's like a 308 Ackley improved as far as case capacity goes, only with a long powder column and it feeds like butter in a 98 action.

the Hornady brass is perfect once it's whittled on a touch, and fire-formed.

One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
I tried to buy one of these (the Ruger 275 African, not the bra) only about a week after they were announced. They were already sold out!

Posts: 1017 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dunno I think you guy's are missing out not getting an Idaho bra.

one of us
Picture of dSmith.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JeffreyPhD:
I tried to buy one of these (the Ruger 275 African, not the bra) only about a week after they were announced. They were already sold out!

Same here. I tried finding the 77 African Rigby as well. Ended up finding the #1A Rigby from the year prior first so I bought that one instead.

Posts: 359 | Location: 33N36'47", 96W24'48" | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I won the bidding on Gun broker, how that happened I have no idea, I got it for the starting bid of $1500...I found a half dozen do them for sale at $1700 to $2000. and no one would negociate, so I bid on GunBroker and Ive always lost my bid during the last 5 or 10 minutes of the auction, and Im not fast enough on the computer to keep up with the hot and heavy bidding, this time I just bid on it and never checked it again and damned if I didn't get a win in my email awhile ago..Happy camper, these are awesome rifles. got a lot of 7x57 ammo to shoot up..but who knows may try to sell this one and not get greedy and still make a couple of hundred bucks profit.. tu2

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 1017 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on winning that one. Let us know how it shoots.

Posts: 617 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote