THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Weatherby Accumark - Bolt Diameter 30-06

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weatherby Accumark - Bolt Diameter 30-06
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just purchased a new Weatherby Accumark in 30-06 and I am going to order a bore guide but I am having a bit of trouble getting a consistent measurement of the bolt diameter with my digital caliper. It seems that the diameter varies depending on where on the bolt I take the measurement. Usually I get a reading of about .703 but it seems to vary up to about .708
is this normal or does this sound like operator error? Any recommendations? Im looking at the Mike Lucas bore guide and I just want to make sure I give the right measurements. Thanks. Mike

Posts: 74 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 19 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I came across a same rifle in 270win, passed on it cause I didnt like the poor grind and polish job on the bolt, there was difinitive mass missing in some areas.