THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Re: What about Winchester Supergrades?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What about Winchester Supergrades?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted
To answer you question, there is no functional difference between the two. What you are paying for in the SG, is nicer wood and a cople of other niceties. Yes the forened is some sort of plastic, but regardless, for the money, they are superb rifles. jorbge

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If one wants a rifle with nice wood then you have to pick it out yourself otherwise it's a blind date. If you order a gun then the dealer may be stuck with it if you don't want it just for the look of the wood.

I have seen two Supergrade Classics for sale here in CT for $525 and I bought one of them. Mine weights 9 lb 2 oz. with a Leu 4-12 on it and the Boss off. The wood on mine is very nice as is the checkering as well. It has some fiddleback in the butt on both sides and faint traces throughout the stock.

I looked at it this way. For $525 I got an action that I like and a stock that would cost $1000 or more to be made "custom". I have not shot mine enough to really know it all that well nor have I worked on the bedding. It shot about 1.25 to 1.5 MOA as it is.

The bottom line is to see the stock. Perhaps a picture would suffice but don't order one sight unseen.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote