Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser M03
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted
I was out at Canyon Sporting Arms (Tip Burns place)

He had some M03 there and to say I was, blown away is an understatement.

I'm a Blaser guy and these are some well made peices of modern engineering.

THey are a more substantial gun than the blaser with a wider comb and a longer length of pull, with the same takedown features as the Blaser.

Very, Very nice guns!!!

The M03 trail he had there fit me like a glove, man only if it was left handed. Well may have to order one!

M03 trail:

By coachsells, shot with COOLPIX S4 at 2009-07-09

The trail is one handy little carbine!

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well it is a Mauser.
Does one have to manually cock it?
Or is it "normal" with a safety that
disengages the firing pin?

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .366torque:
Does one have to manually cock it?

Manual cocking mechanism. The operation of the cocking mechanism is a bit different to that found on the Blaser R93, but the principle is the same: the gun can be carried with a loaded chamber uncocked (and therefore safely), when the gun is uncocked the cocking mechanism has to be (lightly) activated to operate the bolt, when fired and in cocked postion, the bolt can be operated normally and the rifle will automatically recock for next shot.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Like mho said, I found it easier to cock,and more positive than the Blaser. Sometimes when you slide the Blaser tang cocker up it does not catch. The M03 when you push it to the side its cocked.

I really liked the M03 trail, the mag can be locked in place like a fixed box, or can be unlocked into a detachable mag. The triggers are good and it is a hansome looking rifle.

I'm vested pretty heavy in Blaser stuff. I wish this gun would have benn aval. when I fist started shooting Blaser's in 2000!

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote