Find
Notify
Tools

tikka t 3
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of rick boggs
posted
first non remington bolt gun i ever bought i got today in .243 loaded 31 grains varget behind 100 grain spitzer boat tail sierra shot .25 5 shot 100yd group after i sighted in the nikon. am very impressed with this gun so far loaded 31.5 and will try them tomorrow but for the first guess at the load .25 is great in my book. wish i could get my 700 in .308 that tight best out of it is .5 3 shot

Posts: 518 | Location: KENTUCKY | Registered: 05 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
Tikkas are great rifles, there only weakness is the poly magazine, but with care (don't leave it on the dash in the sun) it will last for years. I also have a 243 tikka lite stainless, also using varget, my groups are slightly larger at .4" 100 yds using an 85 gr spitzer.

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rick boggs
posted Hide Post
yeah the magazine seems cheaply made replacement are 68.00 on a site i was just looking at dont like the plastic at the rear of the bolt either but love the feel and the trigger really impressed with the groups tho

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I liked mine so well I bought two more in other calibers !. The .308 I bought stacked 3 into nearly

same hole . I forgot my spotting scope and could only see one hole when I turned up the power on my Nikon

and DAM IT , like an IDIOT messed with windage and elevation because there was only ONE HOLE !. Never

ever had ANY rifle do that out of the Box !. Happy ?OH YES ! ; HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY !!!.
beer

archer archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rick boggs
posted Hide Post
same exact thing i did but got it dialed back in i am wanting to try the 308 also

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't worry about the plastic magazine and bolt shroud. It is of a VERY tough material. I witnessed a magazine that was accidently dropped from a pocket and run over by a land Rover. The material was only scatched and still functionable. T-3's are fantastic!!!!

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some couple years ago purchased the T3 Tactical not wanting to spend the money for the TRG and have been very pleased with it. Cal. 308 and as mentioned earlier, it is scary accurate!
Found a barely used Tikka T3 Varmint,SS, in 223 which the previous owner claimed to not shoot very well and paid a much reduced price for it.
After I paid him for it, he asked me what the 8 stood for stamped on the barrel and told him that was the rifling twist. He had only shot 55gr commercial ammo in it. Can say the 69, 77, and 80gr SMK's work quite well in the rifle.
For the price of the rifles, I don't know of any others on the market that offer as much value.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rick boggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc224/375:
I liked mine so well I bought two more in other calibers !. The .308 I bought stacked 3 into nearly

same hole . I forgot my spotting scope and could only see one hole when I turned up the power on my Nikon

and DAM IT , like an IDIOT messed with windage and elevation because there was only ONE HOLE !. Never

ever had ANY rifle do that out of the Box !. Happy ?OH YES ! ; HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY !!!.
beer

archer archer archer
just got a tikka 308 and working on some loads what loads are you shooting in yours

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two Tikka T3 Lite rifles, 338 Federal and a 7mm-08 for the Mrs. I love them. I plan to pick up a 308 first chance I get. They are a best kept secret with sling swivels and scope rings included its a bargain.

Posts: 309 | Location: WV | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The plastic magazines on my .223 T3 work so well I don't really mind them any more. I just wish the magazines didn't cost so much. Tikka .223's are the only moderately priced .223 rifles I know of with an 8" twist.

Posts: 317 | Location: Texas Panhandle | Registered: 09 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Remington720:
The plastic magazines on my .223 T3 work so well I don't really mind them any more. I just wish the magazines didn't cost so much. Tikka .223's are the only moderately priced .223 rifles I know of with an 8" twist.

Is your .223 Tikka a T3?

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you guys like your t-3's..mine shoots like crap!

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, my .223 is a T3 Lite Stainless.

Posts: 317 | Location: Texas Panhandle | Registered: 09 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rick boggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kraky:
I'm glad you guys like your t-3's..mine shoots like crap!

if that is 300yds looks pretty good to me

One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
That is some pretty good shooting for a crappy rifle... Wink

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote