THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    .338 Mag shooters - what scope do you use?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.338 Mag shooters - what scope do you use?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted Hide Post
3-9x Burris with the Ballistic-plex reticle. I have one on my .338WM and one on my .300 H&H. Really like it.

It is not enough to fight for natural land and the west; it is even more important to enjoy it...So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends...

- Edward Abbey

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I traded my Remington M700 Custom KS Stainless mountain rifle (that's a mouthfull) in 338 for a Blaser Professional in 338 this year. I just swapped scopes over. So they both wear or wore the same Kahles 3-9x42.

You won't find better glass then the Kahles for the same money, not made in America anyway.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also have the 3-9X Burris with the Ballistic Plex on my Tikka .338.

Posts: 284 | Location: Orange, CA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leupold LPS 3.5-14X50 - Great Scope thumb

Roland

One of Us
Picture of Steve Golden
posted Hide Post
PENTAX 4.5-14 x 42 on my .340 weatherby

Posts: 142 | Location: Texas Panhandle | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leupole, Need I say more.

Posts: 2209 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is the finished product:

Posts: 498 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 13 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use my Ruger 77 a lot at night for hog hunting with a Carl Zeiss 8x56 mm, no. 1 recticle. I got the scope used at a pretty good price and used a fixed EAW mount, due to it's height.

Now, if only the recticle was illuminated and a no. 4 it would be just perfect for that purpose...

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote