Find
Notify
Tools

Got my .270 LD with IMR 4350 !
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Poseted awhile back about my Custom .270,
And how it seemed to like IMR-4350 For accuracy, but my velocity was less than I had hoped for. Well, I got it togther this weekend,
I think at least for this year my mule deer load will be 130 Sierra Flat base over 56grs. I have the Boone and crocket reticle on the 2.5X8 leupold and the perfect velocity would be 3052 fps with the bullet I am using.
Well shooting of the hood of my truck, with bean bags, I shot 3, 3shot groups under an inch, I was not shooting my best. I think off a good bench I would have been around .5 with those loads, and my velocity (I only fired 1 shot over the chroney) was 3070. I am gonna load up 20 of the same load, and see If I can confirm that this load is as good as the 1st ten rounds would seem to indicate. By the way the rifle is a custom pre64 featherweight 22 inch pac nor barrel and a cammo rimrock stock.
it gives me a lttle bit more range than my super accurate CZ 7X57 mauser. But how much I am not sure, gotta reserch that...tj3006

freedom1st

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
What is the drop listed on the Leupold B & C reticle, I might get one for my 270?

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The drop listed ?
I am not sure what you mean exactly , but with a 130 grain bullet at 3052 FPS if you sight the main reticle at 200 the one below should give you dead on at 300 the next 400 then 450 and 500. a leupold Tech would be happy to talk to about it . TRY 503 646 9171.

freedom1st

One of Us
Picture of Magnum308
posted Hide Post
Good load. I use 57grs H4350 (ADI AR2209 in Australia) with the same bullet. This is over the ADI maximum so work up slowly. Gets about 3,100 fps out of my 22" barrel Winchester pre 64 M70 fwt.

Hornady 140gr PBT shoots good with 55grs H4350. Gives 2,950 fps but is about as flat shooting as the 130gr load.

Cheers & God bless,
Magnum308

Only accurate rifles are interesting

Posts: 34 | Location: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote