New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka T3 ??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This is after the fact-but what do you guys think of a Tikka T3 in 308. My son just bought one and he's going to put on Talley light weight rings and Leupold VX-3 2.5-8-36 scope. Also considering putting on a McMillan stock. Any thoughts??

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tikka thumb . He will certainly be satisfied.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As said on other topic, I recommend OptiLocks for scope rings!

one of us
Picture of Mort Canard
posted Hide Post
My two Tikka rifles are the best shooting rifles that I own. Replacing the standard aluminum rings is not a bad idea. Some folks have no problems with them and other do. My T3 in 22-250 tightened it's groups when I changed scope mounts from the orignal.

I would suggest that he shoots with the original stock for a while before he throws down money for a McMillan stock. IMO there is not a lot to be gained from the switch.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

Posts: 567 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tt:
As said on other topic, I recommend OptiLocks for scope rigns!

Yep, a worthwhile upgrade.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
They are good rifles. I picked up two this year(338Federal and 300WM), they seem to be descent rifles for the money.

I haven't been able to get either of them to shoot like the 700s I own, but hopefully I'll stumble onto some pet loads with both of them before long.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMO ; I see NO advantage in changing stocks .
Mine preform well and I've yet to receive my Talley Rings .So I've been breaking my two T3's in with stock rings haven't noticed any problem other than perhaps looks !.

I think a few posters on every forum not just this one take everything said too the bank .

Like .5" 300 yd accuracy with factory Rifles , factory ammo ; then when theirs doesn't match that goal they feel they got a bum weapon !.

If it shoots with in 1.5" at 100 Yd.#3 or # 5 shots groups ; then they or we should feel we got a decent weapon !.

With most Rifles I've ever owned careful reloaded ammo will generally cut group sizes in half or more from factory rounds .

With a 1 MOA factory rifle now you're looking at .5" groups . From a " Hunting Rifle " ?!. What more can one expect ?.

If this is not acceptable to any of you lefty's out there well post me a message and I'll be purchasing you're worthless shot out factory new rejects !.

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a tikka t3 lite in .308 for my son this year. He loves it! Shot several antelope with it. Stock rings and a Bushnell 3200. Nice compact, accurate rig. Good value for the dollar IMO. Gary

Posts: 463 | Location: central California | Registered: 26 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
I love my T3 Lite, 300win. Get a good recoil pad installed!!

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its a very popular rifle up here in the great white north.
They come with very good quality bbls and are considered to be the next most accurate rifle to a Sako out of the box..round here.

Posts: 434 | Location: Wetcoast | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ray Spencer
posted Hide Post
I love mine in .300 WSM.

Posts: 68 | Location: Caldwell, Id. | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tikka T3 is a quality firearm, they deliver a solid product at a very reasonable price. I definitely recommend the T3 for those wanting a fine rifle. I really want one in .280, except they don't make one Frowner (edit: I'd settle for a 7x64mm as well, but they don't stock them in Canada as near as I can find).

________

"...And on the 8th day, God created beer so those crazy Canadians wouldn't take over the world..."

Posts: 539 | Location: Winnipeg, MB. | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote