Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 9.3x57. questions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Turfman,
Did you get up to Sarco? Make any purchases? What kind of sporting rifles did they have? VFR

Posts: 371 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
VFR.

Yes, I went up there the other day. They had multitudes of sporting as well as millitary rifles. Had probably 20 of the huskys that we've been talking about. Some in 9.3x57 and some in 8mm. Had a few other rifles in x62. The huskys in 9.3x57 seemed to be a good price at 275 - 325. Mind you these are not perfect guns; but for the money, you can't beat them.

I didn't pick up anything, but I liked a sporterized 96 swede they had. It had about a 22" barrel, real slim and well done stock, and at one time had a side mount scope on it. I know where I can find a mount that fits it and I have a vintage hensoldt scope; so I might be going back up there.

turfman

Posts: 133 | Location: Pa\Nj | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Turf,
I got one of the M46's from TJ. Metal was 98%(the 9.3 actually pictured on their website). Stock had some shipping dings so I refinished it. Almost too nice to hunt with now. Hope to be heading up the east coast when it warms up and plan to stop by Sarco. Like a big candy store. VFR

Posts: 371 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote