Find
Notify
Tools

9.3x62 Tikka T3 ss/syn or lam.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
(previously posted in small bores)
This spring I purchased a Tikka T3 SS/SYN in 6.5x55 Swede on "GunBroker" at a good price, now I've got the "hots" for another one in 9.3x62, which is listed on the Sako/Tikka web site. BUT according to Beretta Customer Support "this caliber, 9.3x62, T3, . . . is not currently imported into the US" and "No special orders". So how does one get one if the national distributor, Beretta, doesn't import it or allow special orders?
One poster suggested Epps in Canada but advise it might run $150.00 import fees.
Does CZ import a SS/SYN or laminated in this caliber?
Open to suggestions, cussin's, discussin's.

Thanks
4570forever

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
You could get a 30'06 and rebarrel it. You cannot rebarrel the 6.5X55 as the case head dimensions are not compatible - the 9.3X62 case is a bit smaller around the head & rim.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11007 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Either way you are up for import fees.

Just get one ordered from OS and shipped in.

Plenty of them sold over here.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses.
I don't want to rebbl the 6.5, I want a 2 gun battery: 6.5x55 Swede and 9.3x62 Mauser BOTH in factory T3 SS/SYN or Laminated.
4570forever

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I checked into importing a handmade shotgun from a little shop in Italy. An FFL can do it but, there is a lot of red tape and bureaucratic nonsense that must be dealt with by the FFL. They also have to pick it up at the port of entry in addition to paying excise tax.

It's "do-able" but not terribly practical for most of us. Best Bet is to get a CZ 550 for ~$600 and restock it like you want. I did a Remington 338-06AI with McMillan HTG stock and like it a lot.

Best Regards,
Sid

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts: 602 | Location: East Texas, USA | Registered: 16 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its not that difficult to import a rifle, you need a dealer to do it. Champlin imported a rifle for me a few years ago! You would of course have to buy one abroad first and the dealer at that end would have to be able to export the rifle out of their country.

Posts: 2543 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:
Its not that difficult to import a rifle, you need a dealer to do it. Champlin imported a rifle for me a few years ago! You would of course have to buy one abroad first and the dealer at that end would have to be able to export the rifle out of their country.

If the FFL has not imported a rifle before, it IS difficult due to the time it takes to make all the phone calls, finally get someone on the phone that knows what they are talking about, getting all the forms, filling them out, etc.

If you go through an FFL that imports a lot, it would be relatively easy. Especially since they have an importation license already and don't have go through "one-time" loopholes.

Best Regards,
Sid

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts: 602 | Location: East Texas, USA | Registered: 16 June 2008Reply With Quote