New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recoil Lugs to add wieght..
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Kimber 8400 Montana in 300 WIn Mag that I absoulutly love. My only issue with it is that its a little light, which is good, exept for when I am on the shooting sticks and its just a little more wobbly than my other rifles.
The recoil on this gun doesnt bother me, so that wouldnt be the point of the Lugs.
Will the lugs add wieght to make it just a little bit heavier and in turn a little more steadier on the sticks.
How are these lugs addes.
Any advice is much appreciated.
Any other things I should try. (I personaly dont like the products from symss for example that go around the barrel).
Thanks,
W.

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
They are usually soldered on the bottom of the barrel and are there to spread the force of recoil of the barreled action across the stock, they do nothing to reduce recoil.

The most common thing is to hog out some stock material in the forearm forward of the recoil log and epoxy some lead shot in place. you will add some at the butt stock to balance the rifle. Should be good for a pound or two.

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote