New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka Lite SS .270WSM
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just got back from the range today breaking in my new Tikka .270 WSM and was very pleased with the results. I picked a load which was using 130 grain TSX tipped bullets, a light load of 61 grains of RL19 and put the bullets as far out as the magazine would allow which was right at 50/1000s off. To my amazement the rifle started shooting 3 shot groups between .30"-.45", not bad for a factory rifle. Anyone have any other loads using these bullets?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not bad??? Awesome!! Congrats on a real shooter!

Your experience mirrors mine with the TSX's, that distance off the lands is just ideal it seems, and those bullets are damn accurate IME.

I wouldn't tinker with that load at all myself. Shoot it a bit with fireformed brass and see if you might push it up a grain or two maybe, but hell, you're in the promised land with accuracy like that!!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds very similar to my experience with the Tikka T3 Lite and the .270 WSM, first three bullets out of the barrel (factory ammo) went .65"! Happy shooting! Smiler

________

"...And on the 8th day, God created beer so those crazy Canadians wouldn't take over the world..."

Posts: 539 | Location: Winnipeg, MB. | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Mohunt

My brother and I bought my dad T3 Lite in .270 Win when they first came to the UK and the first load after shooting in clover leaved.

It was using RL22 and Fed 210 M primers with 140 grn BT and it was a consistent performer and at 3084fps which is good going I think for a .270. This was a max load admittedly but the T3's seem to shoot very well out of the box.

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote