New
Find
Notify
Tools

7mm08 in Europe?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does the 7mm08 Remington have a significant following in Europe or is it mostly just a U.S. based round?

Posts: 212 | Location: Louisiana, U.S.A. | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been to France, Austria, and Bulgaria.

The 7mm/08 was in Paris and Sophia at the gun rooms we went to. There is a nice gun room in Vienna that had 7mm/08 back in 2015.

One of my guides on Bulgaria carried a 7mm Rem Mag. There was a lot of common Ammo and lots of loads were available in Sophia, Paris, and Vienna.

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 44magLeo
posted Hide Post
In Europe you would probably find the 7x57 or the 7mm Brenneki, probably spelled that one wrong. A cartridge very similar to the 280 Remington.
These are both created in Europe. the 7x57 was designed by Mauser a a military cartridge and quickly proved it self in the field. Like the 8x57 or the 30-06.
The Brenneki was designed as a sporting cartridge that did what the 7x57 but a bit faster.
The 7-08 is a good cartridge that is a ballistic twin to the 7x57 that fits a shorter action.

The only way to know if you can do a thing is to do it.

Posts: 316 | Location: Lebanon NY | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my neck of the woods 7mm/08 is used both for roe - and red deer and moose.
You will find ammo in most of the bigger sporting stores selling firearms.
Not as common as the "three big ones" 6,5x55, 308 W and 30-06 Sprg, but it pops up on a regular basis, and is spoken well of by those who use it.

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
The most common 7 mm calibers here are 7x57 (Mauser) and 7x64 (Brenneke). Never seen or hear of 7mm - 08 Rem. here.

Jiri

Posts: 2076 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote