New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is this Remington?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently seen ( in a store)a NIB Rem BDL 700 Blued in .300 Ultra, 26 in barrel. The entire action and the floor plate were engraved. Engraving was not great, just so so. It also had the nasty J lock. Price was only $540. Is this a possible mis marked price or did Remington offer something like this for about the same price?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Remington did offer a lot of these in all the ultra mags. They go for the same price as the unembellished ones.

Seems like most of the ultra BDL's that I see for sale on the gun auction sites are the embellished ones.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
I recently seen ( in a store)a NIB Rem BDL 700 Blued in .300 Ultra, 26 in barrel. The entire action and the floor plate were engraved. Engraving was not great, just so so. It also had the nasty J lock. Price was only $540. Is this a possible mis marked price or did Remington offer something like this for about the same price?

Snowwolfe,
Remington 700 BDL's came with engraved receiver and floorplate from 1997-2001.
I bought one in .223 recently, the only one i've seen.
Mine has a Big Horn Sheep on the floorplate, a little out of place in my opinion.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 338 RUM is ingraved on the peice that drops the bullets it has a RAM. On my 300 RUM its not engraved. I paided about what you saw apease for my RUMs.

Posts: 2209 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote