Find
Notify
Tools

.325 WSM - Actual Experience?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
Now that the .325 WSM round has been out for a while, I would like to hear about people'a actual experience using it, and what rifles they are shooting it in.

Thanks,

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3813 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a kimber montana 325 WSM and have been very impressed with it. Its very light, handy, and accurate. Wearing a 3-9x40 VxII it weighs right at 7lbs. I haven't had a chance to kill anything with it yet but my buddy has the same rifle, picked it up right when they came out. He has shot 3 moose, a 6'8" blackie, a 7' griz, and a couple carabou with his. All with the 220gr PP loading. It behaves just about how you would expect. Sitting dead in the middle between the 300 win and 338 win ballisticily. Thats pretty good company to keep if you ask me.

Posts: 671 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Watched my father topple a 5x5 elk this year with his Kimber using these loads from DoubleTap:

http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalog/product_info.p...h=54&products_id=207

Very impressive!

Posts: 186 | Location: High in the Rockies | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own a Model 70 Featherweight chambered in .325 WSM. It shoots 200 grain Nosler Partitions into 0.3 inch and 200 grain Swift A-frames, 200 grain TSXs, and 220 grain Sierra Game Kings into less than 0.5 inch. So far, I have only shot one head of game with the rifle. It was an 80 yard shot on a moose. He was DRT. It is certainly no less comfortable to shoot than the .300 WSM loaded with 180 grain bullets. I believe it to be an under rated round that deserves more popularity than it is receiving.

Posts: 61 | Location: Northern British Columbia | Registered: 30 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Kimber Montanan in 325WSM and I like it! It went this year on a Caribou hunt in Quebec. There was 10 of us we killed 20 caribou and 3 black bear. Some were bow hunting and the rest rifle hunted. I was the first to get a caribou down I shot it behind camp @ a little over 200yrds droped the bull in his tracks! My next bull was I guess about 80yds and another dead boo! That was the first day and I was killed out so the rest of the week I backbacked the meat for the ather guys. The bow hunters that was having a little trouble getting the 2nd bull used my rifle and at the end of the week my Kimber Montana 325WSM shooting 180gr TSX had 6 Caribou and 1 black bear to its name! All pass through shoots and one shot kills but one and that was my 2nd caribou and the 2nd shot was not needed as I just about shot in the same bullet hole!!
randy..

Posts: 39 | Location: swamp east missouri | Registered: 04 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 39 | Location: swamp east missouri | Registered: 04 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post