THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    7x57 loads for the 175 gr. Interlock?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7x57 loads for the 175 gr. Interlock?
 Login/Join

<Ken in VA>
posted
Can anyone give me some starting points for this bullet?
Rifle is Ruger #1A.
Thanks
Ken

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ken. What powder are you planning to use? I've had some fairly decent results with IMR-4350 in a Winchester Mod. 70 featherweight.
I'd have to run out to my reloading shed to get the data, but I am getting groups ranging from .75 to 1.0 inches with the round nose version. My rifle absolutely hates the Hornady 175 gr.spitzer. I haven't chronied them yet, as I'm still working with the bullet.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Puddle>
posted
Take what you can from this - The load I'm using is a 175gr. Partition and 44gr. of H4831SC. This is in a 1916 G98 action.

<eldeguello>
posted
Here is my VERY HOT 175-grain Nosler Partition bullet load for the 7X57mm in my Ruger No. 1A. Be advised, my rifle ne hasa very long throat!! NOTE: I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS LOAD TO ANYONE ELSE, BUT IT WORLKS FOR ME IN MY PARTICULAR NO. 1A: 54 grains of RE 22, Fed 210 Primer, in a Remington case. This load is HEAVILY COMPRESSED, and gives a muzzle velocity of 2720 feet per second. Pressures are normal, not max!! My rifle would use even more powder, but it won't fit in the case. I orginally used Norma N205 in the same powder weight for about the same performance, then changed to Norma MRP, which gave similar ballistics and occupied a little less space in the case. Good luck!! BE CAREFUL!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
PaulB
I'm getting some promising results with my M70 Featherweight using Hornady 175 Spire Point and Reloader 22. I chronographed 1gr above start charge at 2405 fps for 5 shots. How old is your M70? I got mine new 15 years ago.
MR

Posts: 58 | Location: ALASKA | Registered: 02 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not to demeaner Horn Interlocks because I like them, but I shot a couple moose with them out of a 7X57, I got good penatration but poor expansion. I believe these bullets are better suited to the 7Mag.

Posts: 302 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Was that the spire point or the RN?

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote