THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Saeed, let's bring back the .375 and include the 6.5mm into this forum.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saeed, let's bring back the .375 and include the 6.5mm into this forum.
 Login/Join

<leo>
posted
The 6.5mm is a proven killer on heavy game and the .375 has always been considered a medium bore.

Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
You guys are free to talk about what you want. The title of the forum is only a loose guideline [Big Grin]

Personally I think the mediums are larger then 30, and smaller then 40.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
quote:
Personally I think the mediums are larger then 30, and smaller then 40.
Ditto.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Leo M
posted Hide Post
I agree with leo on the 6.5 and often wondered the same thing. I know I can post anywhere but have allways tried to follow the guide lines. Some days if I am looking for advice I feel like posting everything to the African page because that is where all the people seem to be.

Posts: 188 | Location: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: 25 May 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
My last thoughts on the subject, and some background.

Way back when, we had the hunting forums, reloading and a big bore board. The big bore board covered those of us sick ones that just love talking about the big stuff.

Anyhow, one day I posted to see what little stuff folks were shooting, as I find the 22 hornet, and it's ilk, many of them wildcats as pretty interesting. Well, that got me to thinking that it would be neat to have a small bore board, I suggested it to Saeed, and next thing you know, not only was there a small bore board, but Saeed nominated me to lead it.

After some time, I noticed there were folks posting about 300 and 338 magnums on the small bore and big bore forums, and I just didn't see those rounds as fitting either board. I'm also as some know a far gone .35 caliber nut, so, seemed like we needed a medium bore board, and Saeed graciously started one.

I have never been one to stay on topic, or within the supposed bounds of a paticular forums topic [Wink] I also know that despite whatever concept I had of what the small and medium bore boards would be, they are ultimately your boards, and will be whatever you make of them. I tend to post on forums where I seek the input of that group, and the thread may often be "off topic" Doesn't matter, because I seek those folks input.

So, ask away, and discuss away about the 6.5's. It is also a bore size I like as much as the 35's, even though I haven't had a chance to play with as many variants of it.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote