New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 Wsm reload
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks, I am a first time reloader and I am looking for a mediam range reload to shoot while i am in rifle school. I have to shoot 300 rounds in three days. I don't wnat to kill my self. any suggestions.

Sprig

I will probably use A-frames in africa for plains game

Rose lipped maidens--light foot lads!!!

Posts: 448 | Location: Okie City | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If I were you I would load up some 125 gr. Nosler B.T.'s on top of some where around 62 gr. of H4895 in Win. brass with a Fed. 210M primer, that is right the 210M not the 215M. That load is right out of the Sierra manual and shoots very well out two different Win. Coyotes that friends of mine own. Velocity should run around 3450 fps give or take a little bit. Should be fairly easy on your shoulder and shoot good as well.

RBRN

Posts: 28 | Location: White River Bottoms | Registered: 11 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thnaks for the reply

Sprig

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I'll second the H4895 w/ 150s or less if your rifle will shoot accurately w/ that combo.

If you have to shoot that much in a few days, I wouldn't try to go any higher than 3000 fps w/ velocity. Heck, maybe not even that high. My lightweight 300WSM will thump ya pretty good.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bullsprig,
What is the fartherest distance you will shoot in this school. If tou are shooting to 300 yards or farther I would load some 168 or 175 Sierra Matchkings. Use starting loads with a medium burning powder [suitable for the 300 WSM]. As long as you are getting @ 2600fps [approx 308 Win velocities] you should have a good mild kicking load.
165 and 180 Nosler Ballistic Tips usually shoot good too.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ttt

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think that would be a perfect opportunity to get exceptionally good with the round you hunt with. Hunt as you train, train as you hunt philosophy!

Posts: 185 | Location: IL | Registered: 25 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
For light bullets (150-168) I have found that my M70 300WSM likes H4895 and Varget VERY well. Tune to your recoil tastes, but accuracy was fine from max load down...waaaay down in the case of 4895...great powder for reduced loading

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ttt