New
Find
Notify
Tools

Look What Followed Me Home
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

It's quadruplets. All unfired. I just couldn't let them be split up. They are being well cared for in their new home.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Golly ! you better do something about that bell touching the barrel on the full length stock.

Send it to me and I'll fix it. Winkroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about some details. Make, caliber, etc. They sure are pertty.

Posts: 144 | Location: Boiling Springs, SC, USA | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a great looking group of 66's, what calibres?

Posts: 186 | Location: langley,BC | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Top to bottom
Weatherby Mark V .300 WBY
Steyr Model S .257 WBY
Sako L61R .338 Win Mag
Steyr Model L 22-250

Don't worry about the scope bell touching, it's just the camera angle.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Somebody has been living right. thumb

Rooster

Posts: 1018 | Location: Lafourche Parish, La. | Registered: 24 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
M16, I'm happy to say I had spotted the makes - nice toys!

Those full stock Steyr-Mannlichers are something else, aren't they. They may not be the most common taste in the US, but once you have handled one and appreciate the short length, they really grow on you. Not that there are any flies on your other toys - some of my favourite makes, in fact.

How did Wifey-Poo react to the sudden influx?? "But Honey, they followed me home, honestly..." Big Grin
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let me guess - a rich relative passed away and left them to you? or a recent widow knew nothing of guns but didn't want them in the house any longer? In any event you've got some real sweethearts there. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal;;

I am with you! I sure wish I had the cash flow to drop by and just pick up all four of those at a shop!

Not only is M 16 lucky, he has to be either single or also had an understanding wife, or he is good at lying to her or something.....

Most of us are envious on all points.

Cheers and good shooting
seafire

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn you guys are perceptive. They were guns being sold by a widow's grandson. He took them to a gunstore and had them appraised and they made an offer. I just made a little better offer. And yup, I'm single.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would definitely restock both the Sako and Weatherby. The Steyrs are nice as they are.

Good catch!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mho:
Those full stock Steyr-Mannlichers are something else, aren't they. They may not be the most common taste in the US, but once you have handled one and appreciate the short length, they really grow on you.

Mike, while my full stock rifle is a CZ, I am too smitten by the unique appearance of the stock and the handy length of the rifle itself.

one of us
posted Hide Post
HP Shooter: yeah, those full stock guns are something else. In the German part of Europe, the term for a full stocked rifle is "Stutzen". They fetch better prices on the second hand market, and are highly coveted by their owners. The Steyrs were always some of the best of the breed in terms of accuracy - which can otherwise be problematic due to the full length stock.

Restock the Sako and the Weatherby?? Perish the thought! Not all guns should look the same! I think it is much more interesting if your collection contains different styles. All styles can be executed well, making for nice and interesting guns. Besides, having multiple styles exonerates you from being narrow minded ... Big Grin

M16: Let's face it, at times being single has its advantages Cool
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice Rifles.What more could I say.

Posts: 2209 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Very nice! As you probably know but did not mention, the Sako has the "De Lux" stock. Smiler

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mho:
Restock the Sako and the Weatherby?? Perish the thought! mike

Mike, I cannot stand the Weatherby stock design. I'll take a schweinrucken or an American classic instead.