New
Find
Notify
Tools

30/06 Found the right powder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've been going to the range everyday with my 30/06 shooting different powders and today all the bullets went to the same hole at 200 yds. Findly found the powder it likes.

Posts: 2209 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats great news! Be sure to keep the kind of powder to yourself, wouldn't want it getting around where any of the rest of us could shoot that good too. As it is, we'll miss, and that will leave more game for yourself! Roll Eyes

Strike while the iron is hot! Look before you leap!He who hesitates is lost! Slow and steady wins the race! Time waits for no man! A stitch in time saves nine! Make hay while the sun shines! ect. ect.

Posts: 170 | Location: Kentucky U.S.A. " The land that is dark with blood" | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jro45:
'the same hole Findly found the powder it likes.
"

Talcum????? Red Faceroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's right.....don't share the golden load....make us beg you for it!!!

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to be a happy man. Until I discovered someone out there is using a powder to shoot same hole groups at the 200yd mark and I don;t know what it is!

Posts: 185 | Location: IL | Registered: 25 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh man!! I wont be able to sleep tonight!

bewildered bewildered

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Come on now!!!!!Details! Roll Eyes Details! Roll EyesHurry up already!!!! bewildered
jumpGeorge

Hunting, fishing, roping, golfing, working, eating, sleeping, loving. Not always in that order.

Posts: 17 | Location: Red Stick, LA | Registered: 25 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another post by the same author.

"jro45
one of us
Posted Dec 19, 10:26 PM
I shoot the 338 RUM and when shooting sometimes 1,2,or 3 bullets use the some hole at 150 yds with reduced loads say a 250 at 2750 fps. I have found over the years that Rem. makes a very accurate Rifle. I own alot ...."

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh wow, I have to know what powder and bullet you are using. Wait a minute, I sold my 30-06 years ago, what do I care? sleep

Bullets are pretty worthless. All they do is hang around waiting to get loaded.

Posts: 515 | Location: kennewick, wa | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would take that rifle and load to the next World Shoot and clean up those benchrest guys at their own game.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My experience is that when there is one hole in the target at 200 yards "all the bullets" = 1 bewildered

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought I had it made with that load: IMR 4350
is the powder and the bullet is 150 gr. Hornady
Flat base bullet, SP not a BT. Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've managed to get 'em into one ragged hole a time or two with the same bullet and IMR4831. That bullet is an excellent one.

Posts: 400 | Location: Murfreesboro,TN,USA | Registered: 16 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh...IMR 4350 is the classic powder for the 30-06.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The 150 hornady is a great shooter in my .308 too!! AND they perform real well on deer....AND they are certainly priced right!!

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was using RL15 it gave me a good group but not one hole for a long time until my rifle got tired of it. So I tried three or four powders and IMR 4350 is the one. I could hardly beleave it one hole for 10 rounds. I also have a 26" barrel.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jro45:
I was using RL15 it gave me a good group but not one hole for a long time until my rifle got tired of it. So I tried three or four powders and IMR 4350 is the one. I could hardly beleave it one hole for 10 rounds. I also have a 26" barrel.

If I understand this right thats ten shots at 200 yds into one hole! That's damm good shooting and better than I can aim and better than any rifle that I have.

That's break thru accuracy and I would like to know more about the loading details and anything else that your doing.

Join the NRA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Using an old Milsurp Mauser with open sights and gunshow surplus ammo, I shot at a 200 yard target one time with 10 rounds and found only one hole. It isn't that hard to do....... Razzer

Posts: 164 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 04 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GLC:
Using an old Milsurp Mauser with open sights and gunshow surplus ammo, I shot at a 200 yard target one time with 10 rounds and found only one hole. It isn't that hard to do....... Razzer

Yeah, anybody can miss the target 9 times and get lucky with 1 shot!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hell that aint nothin, I shot1 shot with 10 differnt rifles in 10 differnt calibers at 200 yards and they all shot through the same 1 hole on the target. I was useing a jack russel terior with fleas as a sand bag. Swear to god!!! beer Eeker

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
one hole for 10 rounds

Bullshit...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brad:
quote:
one hole for 10 rounds

Bullshit...

For cripes sakes Brad now you went and did it! Now he is not going to tell us what the powder charge is or any other details.

Join the NRA

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
I for one absolutely positively 100% without a doubt believe him!! Just like I believed Clinton.

What was that load?

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brad:
quote:
one hole for 10 rounds

Bullshit...

Well Duh. Of course its Bullshit. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Come on guys, some slack!!

It's easy, just cut a 10" hole out of the middle and fire 10 shots through it. Then it'll be an absolute FACT!! roflmao

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, a 26" barrel does get you a little closer to that 200 yd target making the 1 hole group a little easier. That is unless your "rifle gets tired of it". I hate it when my rifle gets "tired" of what I feed it. I have to slap it on the side and say "WAKE UP MAN...START SHOOTING". Well sometimes that doesn't work either. Darn this "accurate reloading" is NOT EZ!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
1 bullet out of 10 striking the target would indeed produce a group consisting of.....well, 1 hole. No?

Chuck

Posts: 2658 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
all the bullets went to the same hole at 200 yards

Yeah right, what hole and how big a hole were you shooting at? A hula hoop, maybe?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some people can do it some people can't. I have no reason to lie.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've also put 5 rounds thru the same hole at 200 yds with my Rem.7mm mag. 150 gr bullets. Using H4831 powder. The bullets were Sierra BT.
And I put three bullets thru the same hole with my 375 H&H at 200 yds. The bullets were 270 gr BT. Powder was Imr 4350. Why would I lie?

one of us
posted Hide Post
jro,

Do you have any pictures?

Join the NRA

One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
I honestly believe you didn't lie... you just hit the target once and missed nine times... Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't have any pictures. I have the targets. But I don't have the thing you need to put them on the web.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it's called a digital camera.
peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Without seeing it firsthand there's no way I'm believing it. Heck, even if he does post a picture, there's no way of knowing at what distance it was shot at. For all we know it could be 10 yards.

Posts: 407 | Location: Olive Branch, MS | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are all your groups one hole. Did you know that you would win the world benchrest championships with a group like that at 200 yds, and not even a bench gun to boot. Simply amazing.

aka. bushrat

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The guy is a run of the mill bullshiter. What else is new?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JRO45

Did it look like this?

firstshot
-----------------------------
Make your first shot count!

Posts: 213 | Location: North West Arkansas | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK first shot, you back shooting dog, you stole my thousand yard target out of my shop and I want it back...Did you get he one hole half inch target to, I did that with one shot from a 500 Jefferys... beer

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No..No, no,no,no......thats not yours. got yours tacked up on the wall in my office..LOL roflmao......this one is a REAL 200 Yd target.....well,...kind of.........OK, OK, OK.....actually,.....well it was 200 Yds from my truck!!!!!

Ya see, when I got to the range, the combo lock to the gate was rusted up and wouldn't open so I had to park outside.

But that still makes it a 200 Yd target........Doesn't it? thumb Big Grin Big Grin

firstshot
----------------------------
Make your first shot count!

Posts: 213 | Location: North West Arkansas | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote