THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SPEAR HUNTING AND FISHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Spear Hunting & Fishing    spear as back upp weapon and shooting stick?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

spear as back upp weapon and shooting stick?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi have you ever used a spear as back upp weapon in hunting boar ,leo' bear or other semie dangerous gamesdanny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Apparently you haven't done a search of this forum. I recommend that you do. There is one fellow with a custom spear that he takes hunting in Europe and Africa. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Hobie
I didn't said hunting with spear, I meant using it as back up in case your gun fail or using it as shooting stick. i do not hunt with spear(have done some fishing when was a young boy),but use it as a support when shooting and hunting.
regards
danny

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi fellows,
I used to use a spear as a backup, but found I wanted to go even MORE primitive, and so removed the steel end. Now it is just a 6' long stick. Doesn't penetrate nearly as well, in fact rarely, but man does it make for some excitement!!

[ 05-27-2003, 16:30: Message edited by: Johnny Ringo ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
[Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Big Grin]

Posts: 552 | Location: France | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Johnny
I actually have a katana with laminated blade as back upp for my cold steel spear in case the shaft breaks,then my the lord have merci on the bears or boars,because this katana is realy sharp and i am an old kendo man.
the primitiv hunter
danny