New
Find
Notify
Tools

Atlatl competition in Illinois
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
There is an atlatl competition at Cahokia Mounds in Collinsville, IL on Sept 7 from 10:00AM-4:00PM.

www.cahokiamounds.org

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's interesting that the Atlatl and the arrow are actually pretty much the same. They are both slammed into back, and flex like a spring. That's where they get their speed.
Bow is more user friendly. Like a rifle with a scope vs a shotgun.

Sand Creek November 29 1864

Posts: 1511 | Location: cul va | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Lapidary, that's a wonderful Web site. Are you planning to attend the atlatl meet? Most of my atlatls are simple basketmaker styles.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16376 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not going. I don't do the atlatl thing and collinsville is a long way from me. Just thought someone on here might be interested and have the time to go.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I will be there. If anyone else is going to be let me know!

Mark

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Mark, love to see a photo-rich report!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16376 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I'll see what I can do Bill, I usually get carried away and forget about my camera until the excitement is over, but I'll make an effort!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote