New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boar with spear pics
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Pictures posted in behalf of my friend Wildpork, hog hunted with spear in Tennessee.

Posts: 74 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Incredible photos ,just wonderfull to see my brother of arms there thank you willy and STEVE ,i was waiting a lot for these photos ,i just want to say that this man is one of the most fanatic hunters i met in all my life and one of the best too ,please next time bring me a cd with the photos .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What is the advantage of a one handed 'spear' over a knife .What would be the advantages of a one handed vs two handed spear ??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn impressive!!! Where and with whom did you hunt? Is the spear a Cold Steel?

Posts: 1068 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
There are not advatages only different methods ,of course the spear its a bit safaer but its heavier and not so practical ,the spear its a short assegai by cold steel ,ist very practical ,this hunter gave me a boar spear by cold steel a formidable weapon but very dangerous because its very very sharp you have to be very careful with the dogs with it .Isupouse Steve aka wilpork used a spear because he had killed boars ,with all the others weapons included knife here in Argentina .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
Juan you are right. I used the spear because I had killed boars with knives and jsut wanted to try something different. The animal died extreamly fast with a 2 1/2 inch hole through his heart. The spear is a litlle dangerous because of the double edge, it is razor sharp. It went in without effort. The only problem was carrying it around all day. Because of it's size you need to use a hand at all times or let someone else hold it for you! Next time I will not use it but I do want to try the full size spear at least once to see if I like it. I can picture myself waiting on a trail leading to a food source and when the animal comes into range.....you get the idea. I think it would be fun! I don't think it would be a good idea to use the full size spear with dogs because they could get in the way. You have more control with the short one.
Ole Miss Guy.....PM sent.

Posts: 106 | Location: the great northeast | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well you never know where i'll show up. wildpork you can use what ever wepond you want with my dogs. i fully trust you we've hunted bear and boar together and you've always been cautious of the dogs.

http://www.gitrbayed.com
makeing bears and boars worst nightmare come true since 1990

Posts: 30 | Location: tennessee | Registered: 23 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Seeing those pictures makes me want to take the spear I brought back from Africa to Argentina with me. But then again, the airline would not appreciate it, and I am afraid I am no longer nimble enough to use it properly. A funny story - This was in 1988 when the airlines were not so security minded. I had to check the spear between South Africa and London. And in London they were late in getting it back to me.
I did not want to board without it....tyhey were so late that they were about to close the door to the flight to the US when it showed up. Not only did they then let me carry the spear onto the airplane but the only seats left were in first class......now that was great fun. animal

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
quote:
wildpork you can use what ever wepond you want with my dogs

Thanks.....that means a lot to me!
By the way those where the gitrbayed dogs in action on that hunt. He is 3rd man from the left in the pic.

Posts: 106 | Location: the great northeast | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
quote:
But then again, the airline would not appreciate it,

I had no problem bringing the boar spear on the plane to Argentina. I did cut it down 1 foot so that I wouldn't have to pay the extra "oversized" Big Grin charge!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildpork:
quote:
wildpork you can use what ever wepond you want with my dogs

Thanks.....that means a lot to me!
By the way those where the gitrbayed dogs in action on that hunt. He is 3rd man from the left in the pic.

you've earned the compliment the hard way ol buddy! i'm ready for november and january! we'll be at it again!

One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
I can't wait!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
me either. i'm goin saturday Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
I just got my permit for the January hunt in the mail!!! jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've had mine for a couple of days now Big Grin, have yet to draw a permit for that hunt everytime i've put in i've got drawn and killed hogs!

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Dear friends i hope to hunt in USA again soon ,its interesting to try different weapons ,i killed boars with glocks,19911s,357,44mag every kind of shotgun and rifle ,bow and with cold steel my favorite manner ,soon we will test a Bowen on boars .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
my favorite is a kabar!

One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
Juan, I thought you were coming in Dec 2007! Wink

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Steve yes perhaps ill take iki with me ,i miss you and your wonderful family a lot ,you make me feel like one more of your family ill never forget that adventure ,thank you again my friend .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
Wait till we chase some bear with hounds!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
yea steve get him down here and we'll put him on a good bear hunt with hounds! guarentee it'll be an experence he'll never forget!

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Steve we have been hunting a lot in my farm its exploding of boars thanks to the rain ,we killed 2 with the Apsley brothers ,Aaron bowhunted anoher, i killed 8 on saturday ,IKI killed at least 12 since february we will go again ,these days ,the sky is full of ducks all is water even over the fences Esquel jump on the water and he almost died,we are waiting you my friend ,bring the short ASSEGAI .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Steve we have been hunting a lot in my farm its exploding of boars thanks to the rain ,we killed 2 with the Apsley brothers ,Aaron bowhunted anoher, i killed 8 on saturday ,IKI killed at least 12 since february we will go again ,these days ,the sky is full of ducks all is water even over the fences Esquel jump on the water and he almost died,we are waiting you my friend ,bring the short ASSEGAI .Juan

Do you remember that horse pig siticking we once talked about ? well .... Wink

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
A pigsticking the brits did in India. That will be fascinating for you guys to try out, you can feel the history rush through the lance.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
we are just trying to arrange all needed details to carry this out Wink

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have plans to hunt boar with a billiard ball in a wool sock this fall.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking Plotts. Do you know who bred them?

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
Those plotts come from Jeff at gitrbayed in Tennessee. He had 3 pups for sale in May of this year. I would try him again next spring if your interested. He hunts his females in the fall so he wouldn't have any litters at this time. I got a Mt. Cur/plott cross from him 2 years ago that just tears it up. Hes fast as lightning.