New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy R AND B
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This has nothing to do with music although to some, myself included, the high flying acrobatics and drag screaming runs were indeed music to my ears!

I had the pleasure to fish three consecutive days landing on average 15 trout per day. I brought both fly and spinning rods to balance the action and figure out what they were biting on as I had never fished this lake before.

The fishing days all started just as first light crept over the horizon landing the first of a series of trout nearly in the dark.

The lake was nestled in a bowl surrounded by fields of ripening flax and wheat making for dramatic scenery.

As the light began to rise the action would slow with every hour that passed however we were always fortunate enough to find healthy schools to work and here are but a couple of the Rainbows and browns caught....

This trip went better than I could have imagined and having released all but two trout for dinner the fun was in the catching not the keeping. Once I am able to down load video I will post two clips showcasing the power of these beautiful fish and as a bonus the second of the two videos are of myself catching my personal best a 32"rainbow!!!!

What a pleasure and hope u all are catching were ever u are!!!

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safari James
posted Hide Post
Wow! Looks like a great trip. Looking forward to seeing the videos.

Safari James
USMC
DRSS

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Spinning not fly? Beautiful fish.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew - I used both and had a friend with me that did not fly fish, so I had to bend a little on that for him. That being said I was using a 5' light action rod with 6lb mono so these fish all felt like 20 pounders!!

Great fun and would encourage trout fishing on light tackle if one is not able to fly fish...a reasonable compromise.

Terrible I can't load my video for some reason??

Good fishing!!

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote