Find
Notify
Tools

BLACK BEAR HUNT VIDEO
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
MY FRIEND STEVE THORSEN BROUGTH ME A VIDEO OFDAVE EMBRY AND MARSHALL TEAGUE SPEARING 2 BLACK BEARS TEAGUE IS AN EXPERT ON MARTIAL ARTS AND ITS THE FIRST PERSON TO KILL A BEAR WITH A SPEAR ITS THAT RIGTH ,I RECOMMEND THIS VIDEO ITS A PROMOTIONAL VIDEO BUT THE KILLING WITH THE SPEAR ITS AWESOME.JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Sewer_Rat
posted Hide Post
where can you buy this video?? You spear guys are nuts... I'm stickin to pigs, at least I can handle them LOL

NAHC Life Member since 1985

"If you aint been whipped worse then this, then you aint been around long enough for your opinions to matter"

Posts: 23 | Location: Lake Wales, FL | Registered: 22 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sewer Rat

I believe that the video Juan refers to is from 1995 and was done to advertise "Swivel Limb" tree stands. They hunted Black Bear Island Lake Lodge in Saskatchewan. I was given a copy of the hunt when I bought my Swivel Limb tree stand,

I did a "google" search and came up with this address. I do not know if it is current as I do not see there tree stands for sale any longer. You could try contacting them to see if they are still in business.

The Swivel Limb Tree Stand
P.O. Box 507
Broken Arrow OK
74013 918-258-2266 / 800-909-limb fax 918-258-5662
Tree tech systems, Safety Belts

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
Ron, That is the video.

Posts: 106 | Location: the great northeast | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Us rifle guys are always talking about the great groups we shoot. And we all lie about the size groups we shoot.
So what do you crazy guys talk about? What kind of groups are your guys getting with those knives you use? Groups?,Slices?,Cuts?Thrusts? What's the proper lingo?

Posts: 251 | Location: TX | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
The thought occurred to me that the first guy to kill a bear with a spear probably lived 25,000 years ago. Don't want to burst somebody's bubble just trying to add a little perspective.

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
brianbo you are right. I had some friends that grew up in Siberia and spear hunting brown bear is a tradition! I don't know how many still do it but, when I said to my friend your full of **** he asked me what do you think they used to hunt bears with before guns? He said in Siberia you need to hunt bears for food and then he told me how they did it.

Posts: 106 | Location: the great northeast | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember hearing about this several years ago. From what I recall it usually wasn't just one spear hunter, but a few guys with spears and they would all throw down on the same bear. Either way, it must take some big brass ones to go after a brown bear with a spear. One might be able to shoot a bear with an arrow and the bear not know where the shot came from. With a spear thrown by a man, he's probably going to know where it came from.

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
North american indians used to spear bears. Here's how they apparently did it. Make a long strong spear with a cross bar quite a few feet down the shaft. Find a bear den on the side of a hill (with a bear in it). Plant the butt of the spear in a shallow hole so it can't move. Tease the bear so it comes running out onto the spear, lift the spear use the monentum of the bear to "flip" it by lifting on the head end and keeping the butt end firmly in the hole. The bear flies up in the air on the end of the spear and slides down using its own weight to impale itself on the spear. Sounds a like it would be quite a thing to do and probably wouldn't be bery realistic with the heavier bears.

the chef

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
The Massai do the same type of thing with the spear in the ground with Lion.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote