Find
Notify
Tools

Pants with the black knees
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GrayDuck
posted
I've seen these on several occasions but despite multiple "Googles" I have never been able to find them. They are the gray pants with the black knees. Rick French wears a pair in his video. I have also seen Paul Claus wear them on "The Alaska Experiment".

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

"The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry" - Robert Burns

Posts: 226 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GD,

I believe the pants you are talking about are the Mammut Champ Pants.....very nice and very pricey beer

DRSS &
Bolt Action Trash

Posts: 860 | Location: Arizona + Just as far as memory reaches | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yry this site:

www.backcountry.com

tons of outdoor mountain gear----more of a bent to mountain climbing/trekking, quality stuff

don't know if they have the exact paints you are looking for, but worth a try coffee

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don B
posted Hide Post
My waistline has changed and thus had to bite the bullet and get another pair of Mammut Champs (absolute favorite of any I've tried). I had a larger pair of black, but I wanted to get ahold of the grey ones. I had no luck, and the best price I could find was $225. I got 'em today in the mail from Altrec.
Don
PS European sizing is hard to figure on these, I'll help if I can.

Posts: 218 | Location: Lawrenceville, GA | Registered: 22 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrayDuck
posted Hide Post
I've always hear good things about the Mammut Champs but I had only ever seen them in all black. Thanks guys.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.altrec.com/mammut/m...EFD&mr:referralID=NA

check out this link to altrec.com
they might be what you are looking for-----but in black beer

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrayDuck
posted Hide Post
thx but gonna hold off for another month or so before I buy. Continuing to lose weight with my training. Still have another 10 lbs before I get down to my "fightin weight".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use the Mammut Champs as well. Great pants.

Posts: 10182 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrayDuck
posted Hide Post
I ended up springing for a pair of these before my AK goat hunt and I'm glad I did. They were awesome. I wore them everyday of the hunt. We had snow about half the time but I stayed warm and they dried quickly. The elastic around the cuffs kept them from hiking up my leg even in the heavy brush, never ended up even using my gaiters. By far my best gear purchase for my trip.

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
http://www.google.com/products...hamp+Pants&scoring=p

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrayDuck
posted Hide Post
Those are some good prices. The best I found when I got mine was $150 with free shipping from Tahoe Mountain Sports. Maybe I should buy a backup pair.

One of Us
Picture of AKsheephunter
posted Hide Post
Climb High outlet has them for $119........they go fast, but they'll have more in from time to time.

Posts: 552 | Location: Brooks Range , Alaska | Registered: 14 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrayDuck
posted Hide Post
I have worn my champ pants the past couple days here in IA while out doing a little shed hunting. Not much luck finding sheds but when i put my pants on I can still smell the alder smoke from my Oct goat hunt. Reminds me of what a great trip I had and I'm ready to go back to AK.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I scored some Mammut Champ pants @Sierra trading Post for $138 last weekend. They had more...

Posts: 26 | Location: Glenrock, WY | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
has anyone found the GRAY pants??

Posts: 134 | Location: Eastern,USA | Registered: 03 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try http://www.chevalier.se/Englis...nt_DXNI-121396_.aspx. Not grey but more khaki colour.

I use this good quality hunting apparel. Not sure whether it's available in your neck of the woods though.

Posts: 29 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 08 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While some may not like the man, his line of pants do kick serious ass.. they do what they say they'll do. I have 2 pairs of them and love them.

check 'em out.
http://www.us.craghoppers.com/...0_142804_13052_26762

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Lasksen, Deerhunter, Mountain hardware, Swedteam, Fjallraven, and Harkila all make a similar product.

I have some from Mountain hardware, in a very light weight model.

I have some older ones from Laksen that are very heavy.

The ones I want to try are Fjallraven Barents.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote