Find
Notify
Tools

Bull Pac lost a Customer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Firemann
posted
I was going to buy a Bull Pac this year but their customer service sucks. I sent them an email to order and pay with a money order and asked if they would extend their advertized free shipping discount that I missed. I explained that a money order is like cash with no bank fee out of pocket. The lady on the other end of the phone said that its too bad that I missed the free shipping discount. Its too bad, you really don't need my business.

Posts: 34 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm failing to understand why Bull Pac's customer service is at fault. Let's examine the scenario as you've written.

They had a promotional offer for free shipping with a deadline.

You failed to take advantage of the offer within the time frame allotted.

Yet you expected them to extend the offer even though there was a deadline.

Regardless of how you offered payment, they did respond to your email. How is this bad customer service?

Just because she didn't give you the answer you wanted to hear, is this anyone's fault but yours for missing the deadline?

Would you expect to get the sale price on a product at Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, Gander Mountain or any other retailer when you didn't get to the store during the sale?

I'm curious how this is Bull Pac's fault???

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shof:
I'm failing to understand why Bull Pac's customer service is at fault. Let's examine the scenario as you've written.

They had a promotional offer for free shipping with a deadline.

You failed to take advantage of the offer within the time frame allotted.

Yet you expected them to extend the offer even though there was a deadline.

Regardless of how you offered payment, they did respond to your email. How is this bad customer service?

Just because she didn't give you the answer you wanted to hear, is this anyone's fault but yours for missing the deadline?

Would you expect to get the sale price on a product at Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, Gander Mountain or any other retailer when you didn't get to the store during the sale?

I'm curious how this is Bull Pac's fault???

I couldn't have said it better myself. beer

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called Bull Pac on a Sunday to order a pack. Spoke to (probably) the same lady. She said she would ship it out Monday. I received the pack on Wednesday. Best pack frame I've ever owned.

Posts: 106 | Location: Florida | Registered: 02 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Firemann
posted Hide Post
Well if I was phyically able to order it, I would have but because of the circustances I was unable. I was terrably laid up and its taken this long to recover. Maybe it was late in the day for both of us. Timing is everything.

Posts: 34 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't mean to dog you about this, but it's kind of a pet peeve of mine.

With the use of the internet so widespread, it's easy to post bad or somewhat ambiguous information. That's the case with your post.

I see it quite often where a company gets a negative post on a website simply because the poster was having a bad day and things didn't work out, but in the process making someone else the bad guy. I'm sure that's what happened to you.

But in this case, Bull Pac did nothing wrong, however you did do Bull Pac a disservice. I'm positive that there will be some members or visitors to the site that will simply read the title of the post and without reading through, will dismiss Bull Pac as a possible source.

And now, by simply posting a misleading title to a thread, you might have cost Bull Pac needed business, even though they did nothing wrong.

And don't get me wrong, if a company legitimately gives you bad service, slow shipping, no shipping, shoddy merchandise, failure to refund, something along those lines, then people DO need to know, so that they don't have the same experience.

Ok, off my soapbox now! Wink

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Firemann
posted Hide Post
A little story and some reflection on service. I had a plumbing/mechanical business for almost 20 years. A friend of mine once said always give good service, they will remember you. That might of been a long time ago but it still plays true. I get a repair call that an a/c unit is not working, its hot and late. I go out and make the repair. I can see that the lady w/3 kids doesn't have much, husband gone. I charge her only parts for 2 hours of work. From that service call I get 6-8 referrals from family and friends. Xmas eve one year I get a call no hot water, my service man is on vacation. I take it, install a new one. Its Xmas I charged them only parts. Again more referrals for good work and service. I don't want to go on and on but you get the point. I didn't give you all the details in my first post. She just went off in our conversation more than once. With that being said we can let this go for lesson learned. I hunt with 6-8 guys every year, this year we have 9. I was sold on the bull pac. She could of sold more if she would of been polite. Some folks think that this isn't part of customer service, wow. Where I come from thats exactly what it is.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had situations where I missed finding a site, and a sale/deal. Generally, they are good to go if I am polite. I hate to call it whining...

I ask, if they say "no" I pony up if I want the product/service.

Rich

PS: if it were me, I would just delete the entire post and avoid the acrimony.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a Bullpac in early 2002 and had a phone call from Alaska from Janice as they were attending a show there. I found all of the BP folks to be absolutely first class in dealing and products and would recommend them to anyone.

I just sold my BP Alaskan to a local gent. last spring as I am pretty much a Mystery Ranch user and have so many packs. But, Bullpacs ARE everything that they are advertsied as being and they are excellent to deal with, in all respects. Good packs, good folks.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote