THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BACKPACK HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Backpack Hunting    repair/replace pack shoulder straps & hip belt

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

repair/replace pack shoulder straps & hip belt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an old Bergens-type framed rucksack whose shoulder straps and waist/hip belt are leather. I want to replace these with padded versions. These items attach to rucksack's steel frame via rivets or Chicago screws, so I believe straps and belts that rely on clevis pins will not attach.

Please identify a business/person/shop that can do the job. I live in Montana. If possible, identify a source in or near Missoula.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sierra_Dave
posted Hide Post
REI sells replacement shoulder and hip belts that can be made to fit your pack. Also, you could buy a frame with dtraps sold at various places, including Cabelas, then attached waterever bag system, you want. HTH -Dave

"We are all here for a short spell; so get all the good laughs you can.
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to Somebody Else."
Will Rogers

Posts: 82 | Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote