THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BACKPACK HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Backpack Hunting    Eberlestock Just One BP - More on Rifle Carry

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eberlestock Just One BP - More on Rifle Carry
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted
I was looking at the Mystery Ranch Prime pack, which appears to be well thought-out and with it's narrower design well suited to over-the-shoulder sling carry of a rifle.

But, forgetting about the rapid accessibility issue for a moment, has anybody used the Eberlestock w/the internal scabbard? I'm curious how well this works in practicality, with a typical rifle w/scope, and if it changes the balance of feel of the pack considering the rifle is resting against your back. The outfitter I am working with feels that a scabbard is of benefit when sheep hunting for when both hands are needed for balance and climbing.

Thanks!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunting1
posted Hide Post
I have J104 and mt Ruger MK II w/ Leupold 3x9x40 fit very well. Great packs and made well. Would highly recomend one.

Good Shoot'n!

Posts: 90 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Thanks hunting1. Well I ordered the Eberlestock w/the optional "spike camp duffle" and "3L hydration system". I'll post feedback on fit, ease of use, etc.

Bill

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill---I have the same as you ordered--you can carry to much stuff--I didn't use the water bag eventhough it's there, so I have no input on that---I think you'll like it--allows you to keep stuff at a base camp if desired and still use the pack everyday.....chris

Posts: 294 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote