New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pack frame support
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I currently own a Dwight Schuh Hunting Packs. When packing out meat I use some straps that I made with webbing along with some parachute cord. I found a pack frame made by Wilderness Specialties. They have a feature called the Handipac that allows you to carry meat while giving some support to the bottom of the load.

Does anyone know of any company that sells these "handipac type" supports?

Posts: 54 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KC Carlin
posted Hide Post
Try Janssens Adventure Outfitters 1-800-935-HUNT
They sell the "HARD CORE HUNT PACK" that has that feature.

Posts: 295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunting1
posted Hide Post

$200 shipped or trade for a scope?

Good Shoot'n!

Posts: 90 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the offer. Which pack is that the Bighorn Frame Combo? I'm interested in just the pack frame unless I can just purchase what they call the Handipack. My frame has all those slots so it should work.

Maybe the wife will buy me an early Chirstmas gife. dancing

How much if I'm willing to pick it up? I'll be driving down to El Paso from Colorado Spings this Tuesday?

Posts: 54 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hunting1:

$200 shipped or trade for a scope?

what scope you looking for and do you still have it? more info on the pack please

Posts: 207 | Location: South Central Montana | Registered: 10 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
May a bit pricey, but you could try the Cargo Chair from Kifaru. http://www.kifaru.net/CARGOCHR.HTM

I think with a little webbing it would fit on many packs. BTW, I've got the entire Long Hunter set-up.

If you are going to carry a big stick, you've got to whack someone with it at least every once in while.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get a Bullpac, you won't be dissapointed. I packed out a bull moose alone this fall with one, wouldn't trade it for the world.

MG

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found this frame while at Bass Pro Shope in Denver.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JD Please give name and model # for this frame so we can look it up at Bass Pro ! Thanks

Posts: 497 | Location: PA | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ripped the tags off and threw them away. All I found was Guide Series on the fanny pack. Sorry.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks For trying JD

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Bass Pro frame looks very similar to some that were on sale at the Denver area Sportsman's Warehouses a couple of weeks ago. I didn't get the brand---didn't look too close because I already have an Alaskan Guide series game frame from Cabelas. It works well.

Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming.

Posts: 263 | Location: SE Colorado | Registered: 24 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really like this Guide type could easily use it to make temporary shelter if cought out in snow ,rain, bad winds !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a Gander Mountain Product..
AK

Posts: 16798 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, it is. Just noticed the trademark. It must have been the Aurora Gander Mountain store where I saw them, not Sportsman's Warehouse. Darn stores are too close together. Smiler

Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming.

Posts: 263 | Location: SE Colorado | Registered: 24 May 2001Reply With Quote