New
Find
Notify
Tools

Patagonia Spraymaster?????
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I saw that Patagonia had the Spraymaster on sale. I have been looking for a rain shell for backpacking.

Does anyone have experience with this coat?

Thanks Again,

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Patagonia

Patagonia is very anti hunting! ( They call it Blood sport ) Think twice before you give them money!

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Robert,

I appreciate that info.

Ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
They definitely give off that vibe. However, they make fly fishing stuff. Most fly fishing is torture and release, commonly called catch and release. (I do my fair share of catch/torture and release and enjoy the heck out of it) How does a company APPEARL to claim anti-hunting while selling fly fishing gear? Regardless, they do it.

Chouinard, Patagonia's owner, is a bird hunter in addition to being a fly fisherman.

I wonder if they do the anti-hunting thing to attract liberal wackos into buying their stuff?

Posts: 1064 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
I have seen a pamphlet of them, where they "like the bird hunting, fly fishing etc" and dislike "big game hunter for trophies etc."

So You may be open to that, but on the other side: I like their gear very very much and it is some of the best You could buy. Do other companies support hunting? And if: is it just they could make money out of it or for real purpose of hunting? Noone knows.

So go and buy Your Patagonia stuff and force them by this to be "a hunter´s best piece of cloth" - they can not escape this...

Klaus

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
I do know that some of their lead designers are wacko avid archery hunters also. One guy almost gets no work done during the season.

I like their gear but have recently purchased some ArcTeryx and www.outhearwear.com stuff instead.

I have a Patagonia jacket from about 1988 that will not stop working. Its on its third zipper and looks way out of style but it works like a charm.

Posts: 1064 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mt Al:
II have a Patagonia jacket from about 1988 that will not stop working. Its on its third zipper and looks way out of style but it works like a charm.

That´s nearly like all of my Patagonia wear: the most durable are my Silkweight Capilene T-Shirts: They are moving through the washing maschine every 1-2 weeks and I now have them for running, hunting, sailing, any sports, cycling, and even SNORKELING and DIVING with them for more than 15 years now: they are looking like new! Best money ever spend!

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote