New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sleeping Indian Wool
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm thinking of picking up the Sleeping Indian Shirt/Jac. I mostly treestand hunt and would also use it for some duck hunting. Which color would you choose? Woodland Camo or Grey Camo. The Grey looks to light and would stick out.

Posts: 167 | Location: Eastern Shore of MD | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
M
I went with Grey.. Give some thought to what color sectrum the animals you hunt see..
Another thing most of this line of clothing is bulky and heavy not really suited to backpacking.. Good stuff for everything else..
AK

Posts: 16798 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is better it is called Autumwoods.
made way better the sleeping Indian.

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a King of the Mountain Jac/shirt. highly recommend it. Have bought pants, vest and hillbilly bids also. Bulky but warm! Agree w/akrang that may not be suited for backpacking. CO and WY elk--yes!

Skip Nantz

Posts: 538 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
For your purposes, definetly the Woodland camo. The grey works great for above treeline and in old burns.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the jac/shirt has served me well. Designed for hunting w/ quiet cartridge holders and buttons. Not light, but not too bulky

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SI has served me well. The jackshirt. It's all such a tradeoff though - a shame it is so costly to understand how these sets work, and the weaknesses. Love mine.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would not choose heavy, bulky woolens like this for backpacking; they take up too much space in your pack and weigh too much for what warmth they offer.

I prefer and use layered very light merino wool tops and bottoms, under eVent shells and Micro-Tex or Filson's whipcord pants with light insulation layers made of Primaloft. No heavy wool or fleece can equal this in backpacking in cold, wet country like BC.

From Sept. opening to Dec. Blacktail season, this is the most versatile gear I have found. I carry less than 3 lbs. of clothing on any backpacking trip and wool will not meet that weight criteria.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don B
posted Hide Post
I agree with Dewey. I only use mine when in a tree stand near the truck.
Don

Posts: 218 | Location: Lawrenceville, GA | Registered: 22 September 2002Reply With Quote