Notify
Tools

MSR Fusion 2 tent
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted
Hi Guys
Anyone out there had anything to do with the MSR tents, looking at a fusion 2 tent.
Thanks
Wazza

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I picked up a fury it is solid, I think MSR tents are built very well, condensation may be a problem with the fury the fusion should give better ventilation from the reviews I've read. The fury is four season and should hold up to extreme wind and snow, the fusion is 3-4 season not as tough but who wants to camp out of the trees anyway, im sure you'll be happy. Mine has reflective strips for locating in the dark and a gear loft, packs up tight I'm sure the fusion will pack even tighter.
http://www.trailspace.com/gear/tents/convertible/
this link may take you to some good reviews

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks PIKA a Great site for outdoorsmen !

Posts: 497 | Location: PA | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wazza:
I got a Fusion 3 in 2002. I've still got it & it works like a charm. Took it into the Brooks Range in Aug. 2002. The weather was lousy when we went in - wind, rain & intermittant snow. We were in an area with no timber for a wind break and used it for 2 weeks. The last time we used it was this past Aug. on the North slope of the Brooks for a caribou hunt - again, no timber and also wind & constant drizzle. Worked like a charm.
When I bought it, I thought about getting the Fusion 2 - the 2 man. Even though the 3 weighs more, I got it since my partner & I are a bit on the "large" side. I was willing to go with a bit more weight in exchange for the adde room. It was worth it in my opinion.
Yup! MSR equipment is top of the line in my book. We're planning on a sheep hunt into the Brooks this next Aug. & if we go, we'll take the MSR. Get it, you won't be sorry.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote