THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BACKPACK HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Backpack Hunting    Maxpedition / Eberlestock Gear and pack help needed

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maxpedition / Eberlestock Gear and pack help needed
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
I utilize a smaller dayback for hunting out of our base camp. Typically I keep enough food for a 1 day trip, 3 if I go hungry, and all of my mapping gear, 1st aid gear, butchering gear, and the likes. I was looking at MaxPedtition or Eberlestockproducts and thought I would ask you guys what you know?

Also, if there is a pack I really need to know about, let me know. I am currently using a North Face three layer pack. In the past i actually was using a Swiss Army surplus pack that was tough as nails.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
No one here has ever used these packs huh?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eberlestock is a nice piece of gear.....some of my friends have them and speak highly of them.....I've never seen a Maxpedition....

There's a good deal on one of the smaller Eberlestock packs in the newest Sierra Trading Post catalog.

Joe

Where there's a hobble, there's hope.

Posts: 369 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the Just One Eberlestock and a Badlands pack that is or was the biggest they make---both are pretty close to equal, but the Eberlestock scabbard makes it the pack I use--plus it has more pockets---it's not a day pack, but it will work--the Badlands has 2 packs that can be removed from the big pack and the bigger of the two smaller packs could be used for day jaunts or maybe a couple of days----chris

Posts: 294 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
thanks! I like the Eberlestock packs the most!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sold my eberle just one pack, as it was not adjustable for shoulder width. sewn, not adjustable. I liked the concept, and tried if for a few miles. it would not "settle in" to my 215 pound 6 foot frame. They weould be better for Large as opposed to XL sized people.

I have turned totally to KIFARU as the best pack made for my size and my needs. YMMV

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote