Find
Notify
Tools

Praise for Columbia Sportswear
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted
Hi all,

This is the second time that I send something back to Columbia Sportswear for repair and they replaced it with a completely new item!!!

1st time: Pair of 3 year old light hiking boots that got completely trashed on a wilderness expedition in the rockies. I was walking on rock for almost two weeks and they eventually delaminated from the sole (Thankfully, I had an extra pair of Danners with me) They sent me a new pair that I now use only for walks in the park Wink

2nd time: Just now with a 4 year old Columbia Titanium Omnitech winter jacket that I used for everyday use. The zipper gave away and it started to develop a leak in one of the seams. I have a NEW jacket on its way.

Good on them.

thumb

one of us
posted Hide Post
They are GOOD people and make good stuff, I have quite a lot of their gear as does my buddy. I have found pretty well all the B/P gear makers to be very decent about returns, repairs and service in general. Mysteryranch and Kifaru are just outstanding in this respect, shipping me fairly expensive pack parts, before I returned something, so that I could take my pack(s) on trips I had planned AND they paid the shipping.

This is one of a number of reasons why I recommend these folks so highly; no piece of gear or maker is ever totally free from wear/mistakes and MR and K just kick ass about getting it right for you. We are lucky to have companies with this level of integrity and Columbia sure is a good one.

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote