THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BACKPACK HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Backpack Hunting    Newest trend in black powder substitute

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newest trend in black powder substitute
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of quarterbore
posted
I realize that this might be counter intuitive but I haven't shot muzzle loader for a few years and I like to keep up on the newest innovations in powders. Has there been anything introduced that is better than Blackhorn 209 in the past 5 years?

Posts: 136 | Location: Southern Utah | Registered: 22 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Gunwerks, Best of the West and a couple others are building guns on 700 clones that will accurately places a sabotted bullet at 750 yards.

Not sure of the technology, powder or anything else.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope. BH209 is the current standard for best substitute. That said, I shoot smokeless in a Savage, and hate it when I have to use even BH209.

Might want to move this to the MZ forum and out of the backpacking forum.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote