Find
Notify
Tools

Littlbug Stoves
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted
Anybody here familiar with Littlbug stoves? Seems like an interesting idea for a compact, lightweight stove without the hassle and weight of fuel.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Someone on a forum in Aust was ranting and raving about them a while ago.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never used 1 but from the website they look very interesting. Very light and easy to pack. I think the only problems I can see is if you were above timberline or in real wet weather. I'm not sure how the alcohol works but that could take care of that problem

Posts: 197 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 23 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If they were made from titanium at 3oz instead of 5.1oz. AND did not leave much soot, then they'd be great.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought both the Small and Large but so far have just used the small one...works just as the demo shows... Don't find it any more sooty than cooking over a campfire and uses much less wood.

Wanted some more versatility and after year of study decided on a Trangia burner to be able to use alcohol also... Mine should be here tomorrow...

http://www.greatoutdoorsdepot....-westwind-stove.html

Lots of good information here...

http://zenstoves.net/Stoves.htm
Bob

Posts: 601 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I have long had and used metholated-spirit stoves. They are simple, compact and cheap to run. Metho can be smelly, though, and slow compared with gas and 'white gas' stoves. Whether they can be compared with Littlbug, I have no idea.

Posts: 4972 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If light weight and compact are what you are looking for then google "Esbit Stove". It is the original German made folding pocket stove. I have yet to find anything smaller or lighter and that includes the fuel tablets. I use them exclusively during northern BC sheep hunts. As a matter of fact the guy in the photo at the top of this page is packing one.

Iceman

Posts: 21 | Location: Canadian Rockies | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote