THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BACKPACK HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Backpack Hunting    Just splashed out on a new pack....

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just splashed out on a new pack....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Had the good fortune to try on a Granite Gear Flatbed. It's basically a load sling with a lot of compression straps.

Preliminary (very preliminary) results are most impressive.

Can't wait to put this thing through the paces. I paired it up with a few Sea to Summit bags and it appears to be the balls. Very versatile.

This thing seems to be the best of both worlds.

This Sept/Oct will tell the tale... Anybody have any time on the mountain with this pack?

Posts: 173 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 25 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is also the route I've gone....only with a Mystery Ranch NICE Frame and Load Sling. Lots of configurations you can make up with various dry bags and straps. We'll see how it works this season coming up.

Posts: 512 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sdeshazo
posted Hide Post
I did the Mystery Ranch as well, I got the Crew Cab with the NICE Frame. Great pack.

Posts: 224 | Location: St Augustine, Florida | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If, you do not have it, buy the Daypack Lid for your CC as it is REALLY worth having. I have two fully rigged MR-NICE combos and have foud these to be the best packs I have ever worn.

I now TRY to avoid the MR site as they keep offering NEAT new models and it is TOOOOO tempting!!!! Smiler

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looked hard at the MR NICE. No doubt a high quality system. Gets rave reviews.

The only thing that held me back was that I couldn't try one on. Sure wish I lived closer to Bozeman.

As for their load sling, It looks similar to the Flatbed, but with fewer compression straps.

Having so many quality packs available sure makes the decision process a difficult one...

Posts: 173 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 25 February 2006Reply With Quote