THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BACKPACK HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Backpack Hunting    Cabelas Polyprolene Underwear is sh-t

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cabelas Polyprolene Underwear is sh-t
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Its warm. there is no doubt about that. But it piles (or whatever you call it when the material makes little balls of thread) so bad that after just a few wearings you lose half the fabric on them.

I took mine back and got a refund. They said they would "look into it".

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
I have a set I have had for 4 years, I wear it regularly in the fall and winter, I have not had any problem with pilling

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Same here. I've had no trouble with mine and I wear it daily in the winter. (I did have a seam split--think it was right after Thanksgiving last year...) Send it back, Cabela's have always been fair on returns--to me, anyway.

Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming.

Posts: 263 | Location: SE Colorado | Registered: 24 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Irish Paul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
Its warm. there is no doubt about that. But it piles (or whatever you call it when the material makes little balls of thread) so bad that after just a few wearings you lose half the fabric on them.

I took mine back and got a refund. They said they would "look into it".

No offence, but I would hate to have to look into a hunters underwear!!!

Never use a cat's arse to hold a tea-towel.

Posts: 280 | Location: California/Ireland | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
Usually pilling will occur over time in polypropolene underwear if it is dried under too high of heat or it is exposed too long to direct sunlight. Newer versions of polyprolene are more resistant to this, but it is still a condition for this resin. I would switch to Comfortrel polyester longs found at Sierra Trading Post. Better, cheaper.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sherpi
posted Hide Post
Use wool, I like wool much better. Once went for a 10 day trekking in Nepal and there you can tell the difference because wool does not stink as much as plastic.

Sauer and Zeiss, perfect match.
Sherpi

Posts: 134 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMO the best I've ever used isn't synthetic but silks while hiking, and Ullfrotte wool for everything else. Expensive but well worth it!

Posts: 392 | Location: Western Massachusetts | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Boulder
posted Hide Post
I agree with Westernmassman. I left synthetics long ago because of the foul smell ater only a couple of serious outings and I am using Ullfrotté (now changing name to Wollpower) which is superior in all ways. And it can be machine washed warm! Not a minor consideration...

A shot withheld, is a shot never to be regretted.

Posts: 15 | Location: Gothenburg, Sweden | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote