Find
Notify
Tools

Pack set up
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted
I'm going on my first sheep hunt on 8/16 for Dahl in the Wrangles with Kelly Vrem. Playing dress up getting my pack in order- bought a Kifaru Nomad with bikini frame- fits like a glove. In the past, I've used the Kifaru gunbearer for brown/grizzly bear hunts with the rifle at my side/front as easy one hand access was kinda needed. As this will be my first sheep hunt, should I change the set up for the rifle to ride on the frame in the rear of the pack instead? It did get in the way in the alders and in the limited climbs. Thanks, Frank

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are in bear country carrying sheep meat I would keep the gunbearer at your side. You get used to it pretty quick.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
FMC,
WE expect a detailed hunt report on this hunt!
I fished with Tracy Vrem last month and am going bear hunting next year with him. Kelly is his brother is reported to be a heck of a good sheep guide!
Have fun!

Posts: 10147 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote